Thread: Does online shopping is still risky in India

Does online shopping is still risky in India

I am quiet doubtful to buy anything online. I want to know the safe measures to take while buying stuff. I had bought a pair shoes from eBay. Those got damaged within 3 weeks and I asked the seller for refund. He showed me his policy that it is not refundable. There are other risk also of using a credit or debit card. I want to know the measures that we can take to protect yourself from this kind of online frauds that happen quiet commonly with many. Till today I am not having enough confidence to buy stuff.

Re: Does online shopping is still risky in India

Today our government does not take step in provided various measures to protect consumer. Whatever step you get is taken by the eCommerce site like Flipkart or Snapdeal. I have a great experience in buying stuff from these two sites. They have a nice refund policy and it is really safe to buy things from them. You must check all the policies before buying. It is not true that all sites are hiding stuff. You can go for the same and always use your credit card through secure access.

A issue that I found is with the final price of the product. In India we have so many local market. At some place it is cheap while on internet is costly. And sometime I hd also see there are extra costs that comes with the product. Like courier fees that increase the same more. And this is also applicable to emi. The refund policy is slow online. You have to wait for long time to get the product. They must do it fast. I had purchased a mobile recently which was damaged and to return that it took 2months.

Those are other stuff. What matters more is increase in security for making online transactions. Whenever you buy a product always check for reviews. This will give you a genuine information and this reviews are from other users who have previously purchased product from a site. You can discuss with them about your experience and also you can use the same to solve conflicts. It is very important to keep your browser updated. A latest version is more secure and has less bugs. Always check that you are making payment through SSL.