Thread: Thunderbird addons to increase productivity

Thunderbird addons to increase productivity

Thunderbird is a nice light weight email client. And it also has a plugin store. From where we can get some good set of addons through which we can increase the productivity. I am looking for some good one that can speed up email work. I get a lot of mails everyday. Spam is not a big issue here. But sometime it takes a long time to sort out the things. I can boost up my work by some plugins. But I cannot find anything helpful. Sometime I have to save images from the mail. The most annoying issue is ads in mail. This appear frequently and takes long time to load.

Re: Thunderbird addons to increase productivity

If you do not want to see ads in your email then there is a nice plugin for that. And this will really help you in loading mails much more faster. The famous Adblock plus plugin which is available for Firefox and other browser is also available for Mozilla Thunderbird. This plugin will help you to turn off all unwanted elements on the mail and the same will load at much faster rate. It is a very effective addon to save your internet bandwidth by reducing the page elements. Just add this.

There are a few one that you can use on the mail client. The one I think will help you in your work is a calender widget. Through which you can track a number of different things. There is a tiny addon which will be really helpful. Just download and add Lightning on your mail client. This addon is simple to use and gives you all those things that you need. This one allow you to manage different things like events, to do list, appointments, etc. Thunderbird does not has a calender by default. You can try this one.

Do not just overload with addons. This might slow down the software output. You can try using some simple one. Like the one mentioned above. Only if you need a calender. Or else you can skip the same. There are ample of addons available on the official site and there are addons divided into different categories. You can choose the one as per your need. Adding a todo list addon will help you. You can find that as separate. The one that I will recommend you to go with is mail merge addon. This is also great to use.

Having a address book with email client is more helpful then any other stuff. You ca import your contact and you can manage all of them as per your need. You can find a nice free contacts addon on the official site. You can add Google Contact plugin which will sync your gmail contacts on the Thunderbird application. And I am quiet sure this is going to work fine. There are different addons also. But just test Google contacts one. I have this and it help me to manage my contacts more easily.

The best part of using Thunderbird is that it is very lightweight in usage. It is simple. And does not comes with un-necessary stuff. You can simply add various addons to make it more better. I am using a few chat plugins on the same. By adding a chat plugins you an use your gmail or yahoo id on the same. There is a tiny chat box that appear on the same and you can typ instantly. It is a bit outdated and there are less plugins for that but still it works. I am quiet sure there will be more good plugins coming up.