Thread: Cannot open any web page even when internet is working

Cannot open any web page even when internet is working

I am having a weird issue with my internet connection. It is not working properly. I can see the internet connection as active on my system. But when I try to open any page I am getting a page not found message. I had called the service provide and he said line is active from his end. But it is not working on my pc. I want some help on the same. I had tried restarting the router a number of time but it is not helping much. I hope this is not some kind of connectivity fault.

Re: Cannot open any web page even when internet is working

You can check that through cmd. Go in cmd and type ping google.com -t and hit enter. If you are getting a constant response then it means net is working. But if you have any error like request time out then it means the line is not proper. Call your service provider back and launch a complain for the same. I am quiet sure that will be enough to fix the issue. It happens sometime due to bad weather this kind of connectivity failure occur. Just try to check the connection and ask the service provider to resolve the issue.

This type of issue also occur if the dns is not working well. Your internet connection might be proper but due to dns server issue the connection might
    be failing. For that you have to ping 8.8.88 in cmd. If that is giving you a frequent response then it means you can use Google dns in your system. You have to configure the ip manually for that. You can try 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the dns section and use that. Till the time the dns from your isp end is working fine.

I am quiet sure the problem is from the isp end. Tell them to check your line and you will get the solution. From your end you can try removing the cable and adding it back again. That will help. You can also check the router connection. There are different lights on the router. If the dsl is not on or blinking then it means the internet is not working fine. It must be stable which means the line must be active. Just try to check that first. And if that does not work then you have to contact your isp.

Go to control board web alternatives then the project tab and click oversee additional items, on the off chance that you see additional items that you didn't include or don't perceive that will probably be the issue, mine was from an infection and it met expectations..

Also try safemode with networking or use a Live Linux CD to make sure it's not a virus or config issue on your setup.