Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2014

Streaming YouTube movies directly on windows desktop

How to stream videos directly on the desktop of a pc. I am not able to find any proper solution for the same. I am trying to play that on Firefox but sometime the browser freezes. Is there a good media player type of app that can help me to stream the video directly on the desktop. That will be more easier to manage. I only to use this for YouTube movies. Because they are long. And I having a good internet bandwidth so most of the time I use the hd quality video. But I do not want to use that on the browser.
Old 10-07-2014

Re: Streaming YouTube movies directly on windows desktop

You can do that in vlc. It is the best player and it is capable of streaming youtube videos. It is extremely simple. All you have to do is open the YouTube page where the video is. Play the video and copy the top url. Copy the full address. Then launch vlc player and click on Media > Open Network Stream. Copy the url there and click on ok. That's it. the video will start working and you can watch the entire video with much better sound quality. Just try this one and see how it works. But I am not sure whether you can change the video resolution.
Old 11-07-2014

Re: Streaming YouTube movies directly on windows desktop

There is an dedicated tool for that. It is called as MiniTube. This tool is dedicated for YouTube videos and it is very simple to use. Just install this in your system. You can get the kind of video output you are looking for. This tool is capable of playing high quality videos. You can get full 1080p videos on the same and this will be working really smooth. In this tool you can also manage different channel subscription. In vlc you cannot do that. Just download and test this software. I am quiet sure this will be more helpful for you.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,