Thread: How to stream live football match on vlc player

How to stream live football match on vlc player

How to stream live football match on vlc player. I cannot stream that in the browser because of poor resolution. I had used vlc before for streaming online video lectures and it worked really well. It has option to boost the audio. While in browser you have limited things to do. Also the browser crashes instantly whenever I try to do that. I want help to stream the football match on vlc. I am quiet sure it will work fine and can offer TV type of experience. What I can find is live match score. And others sites have a YouTube type video player.

Re: How to stream live football match on vlc player

You can do that. You have to find a site first who is offering you a live football match. You can configure vlc to stream the content from that site. Many website provide you this feature. Like you can get matches on Sopcast channel. And to get that on your pc you have to add the ip detail via network stream. For that just click on Media > Open Network Stream. Then from there select http and type 127.0.0.1:8902. (the end can change to 8912 or 8903) and don't forget to press ok.. It will start working.

There is a issue with that. I am also trying to do the same but cannot stream the content. When I click on Media and then Network stream I cannot find any http option in that. What I can see is only url to add. I type https:// and full ip as mentioned above. But it is not streaming. It is very annoying. Is there a direct way of streaming the content. I am sure there can be. Is there any other media player which works in the same manner. One which can help us to stream matches.

I don't think you have to use vlc for that. You can go with the online version. But beware from fake sites. There are ample of them who will ask you to simply install a hd video codec. Do not apply that. If you do that then it adds a malware. There are many official sites which will give you live football videos on your screen. If you are having a good internet bandwidth then it will be easy for you to stream. But if that is not proper then you will face streaming problem. Just go on Google and search for different sites.

You can get that through Sopcast. But the link about the same is only updated a hour before. That is a reason you are unable to stream the content. All you have to do is go on any site which give you live streaming. There you have to look for Sopcast link. If there is no current match then the link will not appear. You have to check a hour before. And then just add the entire live streaming link on your vlc and done. You can stream the content and it will work fine. There is no use of finding anything now.

I think there are tons of website on web that give you life score and live streaming. You can enjoy the match on the same. Or if you miss anything then you can go on hootshoot and get the latest highlights. I use hootshoot only. Whenever I am busy somewhere I use the same to check the latest highlights. That is also quiet nice. You can play those videos directly in the browser. No need to stream them. There can be very few site which can give you official football streaming. Others are fake.