Thread: How much time does it take for Godaddy DNS propogation

How much time does it take for Godaddy DNS propogation

What is the max time Godaddy takes for DNS propogation. I had registered a new domain. There was some issue with that. So I had registered another one. I removed the NS record of my hosting provider from the old one and added a new one. But it is almost 6 hrs the site is not live. I want a bit help here to find the maximum time Godaddy takes for DNS propogation. I am not able to find out the detail for the same. Does it is going to take more time. Want some help.

Re: How much time does it take for Godaddy DNS propogation

It depends on the domain registrar I think. Last time I remember that when I had taken a site from Godaddy it was live around a hour. But you had done changes in the server. You had removed the ns server from old account and then added a new one. So that might take time. You have to wait back. It might take a entire day I think. For new site it just take around 4 hours max to appear online. But if that is not working then there is some issue.

Re: How much time does it take for Godaddy DNS propogation

The good thing about godaddy is that they have a great customer care service. This service help you for your issue. Just call them and tell them about the issue. I am quiet sure to give you solution. It happens sometime a few site takes a long time to start and you dont have any option. You can at that time connect to the customer care and ask them for help. I am quiet sure that will be enough to resolve the issue. Just call them and explain your issue.