Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to encrypt a email and send in Gmail

Technology & Internet

Old 05-06-2014

How to encrypt a email and send in Gmail

I want to encrypt my mail and send. But I am unable to find any settings for that. I found an article where it was mentioned that when you encrypt mail it remains safe. I have some personal data in that associated with my bank account and I do not want to send a plain text. I have a account in Gmail. I am not able to find any settings in it through which I can encrypt the mail. Is there any other service. I also have a live account.

Old 05-06-2014

Re: How to encrypt a email and send in Gmail

It is not really necessary to encrypt the mail unless you are sending something very confidential. Encrypted email are used by corporates, banks, government, etc. They have confidential details which cannot be leaked and so they use the best encryption service. For you, you can use the plain mail. If you still think the data can be leaked then you can try to zip it with an password. You can use winrar for the same.
Old 06-06-2014

For personal usage there is no need to go with encryption thing. It does not really matter. But if you want to still encrypt then there is one simple thing you can use. You can go with digital signature. This one is the best solution to encrypt your files and then share them. Digital signature works very differently but it is also quiet strong compared to other encryption standards. It is used by companies. You can get a usb stick for that.
Old 06-06-2014

You can do that very easily in Microsoft Outlook. It has a internal option through which you can encrypt the content of your email message and send it. For that you have to click on Message tab and then click on options group. You can find Encrypt Message Contents in that. You can also encrypt the attachments in the same. This one is really simple and easy to use. And through this you can encrypt everything.
Old 09-06-2014

For sending a message you have to encrypt outgoing message. And that you can do through outlook. You have to simply configure your gmail account in outlook and later on you can encrypt each and every outgoing message. For that just click on the Tools Menu and then click on Trust Center. Now in that click on E-mail Security. You will find a option as Encrypted e-mail. Choose the encryption for outgoing messages.
Old 09-06-2014

There are many third party programs which can help you to do the same. Encryption is not very complicated procedure. It is simple and if you are using a mail client then you can do that instantly without making changes to any other stuff. There are addons available that works directly from the browser. Mailvelope is one of them. You can use it on Chrome and Firefox. Just add this addon and encrypt your messages. It is very simple to use.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,