Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-05-2014

How to block this floating ads in Internet Explorer

I got a popup for updating adobe flash player. I installed that and after that I notice that my browser is flooded with ads. This keeps on appearing on every website. Most of them are floating ads. Whenever I try to click on some link the ad appear in the place and it takes me to some shopping site. How to disable this thing. I had tried to restart my browser but it does not help. It is also slowing down the web browser.
Old 23-05-2014

Re: How to block this floating ads in Internet Explorer

It can be a malware. It is not recommended to install any of this updates when you get a notification on a browser. You must always visit the official site, download the software and then run the same. You have to install malwarebytes anti-malware in your system. This tool is one of the best for removing viruses. Just install this and scan your pc in safe mode. I hope this might help or else you have to anyhow format your pc.
Old 24-05-2014

Re: How to block this floating ads in Internet Explorer

There are few tools that can help you to fix the issue. You can try using ADWCleaner. You have to run this in safe mode. This kind of infection is very annoying. Once they enter it is very hard to get rid of them. And if you are on a lan network then this will spread among all pc. So the first thing you must do is disconnect the pc from lan. Scan it with a good antivirus. Check the browser addon section for toolbars. Turn them off.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,