Thread: Windows installer popup while downloading attachment in Firefox

Windows installer popup while downloading attachment in Firefox

Every time when I download a file from Yahoo mail Windows Installer appears and the nothing happen. This also occur when I am trying to download a image file. It is really weird and annoying. I am not unable to find any solution for this. This problem appear most of the time when I am downloading word or excel files. I am using the latest version of Firefox web browser. Is there anyone facing this issue.

Re: Windows installer popup while downloading attachment in Firefox

It looks like some kind of plugin issue to me. There two things you can try. First you can try disabling all the plugins in the browser. You can do that from Tools > addon. Just go in that and disable everything. If this fails to work then you can remove the browser and install it back again. This will also fix the problem. Re-installation is the best way to reset all the browser settings.

You have to run office setup repair to fix the issue. Some of your office files are damage. Because you said are getting that popup when you are downloading files. Like word or excel. If you have to setup of Microsoft Office then just run the setup and from the installation menu choose repair. Let the process complete and then try back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the problem.

This problem also appear when your attachments fail to download properly. You can try some other web browser for that. And see whether it is working or not. Download all the attachment on your desktop. And then double click on them to open it. This will resolve the issue. If not then you can try running system restore. This will reset old windows settings back but remember that it will remove some recently installed program on your system.