Thread: Is it possible to use multiple version of Firefox

Is it possible to use multiple version of Firefox

If I install multiple version of Firefox on a single pc will that cause issue. I had tried to install two edition one old and one new one but that failed. Later on I found two different edition of Firefox called as Aurora and Nightly. If I install this with the existing web browser will there a issue. I also want to import all the bookmarks to this new browser. How can I do that.

Re: Is it possible to use multiple version of Firefox

If you want to test different version of Firefox on a single pc then try to use the portable edition. Leaving your existing Firefox version aside download the portable edition and run it. In this way you can test out multiple Firefox browser. I do not think if you are going install Aurora or Nightly there will be any problem with Firefox.

I will not recommend you to install different version on same pc. There can be issue. You wont be able to get proper output. Just use anyone of them and install the latest edition only. So that you get maximum benefits. In my system I am having Firefox Nightly and Google Chrome. I am not using any other Firefox edition here. I have some addons which works faster on Nightly.

I do not think you can add different Firefox version on a single pc. It is not possible. If you try to install a old version then you have to remove any existing Firefox browser installed. Or else you will get a popup that Firefox is already installed. And using different editions like Aurora or Nightly will not cause any issue. Because I am using Nightly with Firefox on my pc. And it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob2013 View Post
    If I install multiple version of Firefox on a single pc will that cause issue. I had tried to install two edition one old and one new one but that failed. Later on I found two different edition of Firefox called as Aurora and Nightly. If I install this with the existing web browser will there a issue. I also want to import all the bookmarks to this new browser. How can I do that.
    Hey,
    It is not possible to install different version of Firefox on your PC or laptop. I don't recommend you to install different versions of FF on you PC.