Thread: Google Sheet not saving my updated data

Google Sheet not saving my updated data

I am using Google Drive to keep all my office files. I had uploaded some excel sheet on it and I use to edit the same. I had used my tablet to modify the same. After editing the same when I existed it did not saved anything. The content in it is missing. I need some help here to fix the problem. I had kept the details in a text file which is there. But spreadsheet is not saving anything. I want option to edit and update excel sheet online. And this is only possible through Google docs.

Re: Google Sheet not saving my updated data

Try to edit the same file on pc and then exit. Check from your tablet whether it is saved or not. If it is, then the issue lies with tablet. Your internet connectivity is not proper due to which data lost. Whenever you add any new stuff on Google docs it is saved automatically on exist.

Before modifying you have to change that sheet in Google docs format. Whenever you will edit the file you will get a separate copy of the same file in Google Drive. And ti will be stored in Google dcos format. This sheet are more easy to manage. All files which are stored in Google docs format works really well and apply all the changes. I had tested the same thing. Before I ways edit the uploaded file, but sometime I was not able to see any changes in the data. Later on I converted the files to Google docs format which is done automatically online. And then all changes are saved fast. You can do more thing. You can keep a Google Drive on your tablet and pc and edit files directly in that. Once edited sync Google Drive and done all your content will be uploaded properly. You will be able to get recent updates on the same.

This issue appear when your internet is breaking or when there is a flash issue in the system. You can try updating flash and also update your browser and then check back. You might get a more proper output for the same once updated.

If you are unable to save the documents then try to checkout the same in some other system. Use a pc for the same. If the same issue occur then download the file and re-upload it. I am using Skydrive here. It is working really fine. I am able to edit and view files online. There are limited features here but still it works well. You can also test the same thing on live.com and see what output your getting. If the issue continuous the same then the file is not proper. Keeping file in Google drive is proper. You can edit the same directly on pc. Sometime internet or antivirus issue cause the problem. Try to check both one by one. There are some more online editing tools which you can checkout.

The file which are stored in Google Drive will not work with any other online tool.You have to move them to the other stuff. It is better to try skydrive once.Move the file in that and then try to edit it. If it works you can use it.

The file will not saved if your internet connection is not proper. Each time you do any changes the file is saved. I am using many online office documents that work really well. I was using this on a usb dongle where it take really long time to update the online files. To resolve the same I downloaded Google Drive on my system and added all the files on it. This makes job much more easier. It is also simple enough to handle. From Google Drive you can double click on the Excel and edit it. And the same will be updated whenever your system is on. You don't have to worry about saving it. If you are unable to update the file through web then you can go ahead with the Google Drive options.

I am shifting to outlook from zoho office. I think compare to Google docs, outlook is better. Because it works nicely on on slow internet. I am using this on tablet. And still the on that interface this is working really well.