Thread: How to find that the file which I am downloading is not having virus

How to find that the file which I am downloading is not having virus

How to find before that the file which I am downloading it having a virus or not. My antivirus tells me only when I had downloaded the file and ran the setup. Warning appear only when the files are copied in the system. I need tool which can tell me before that this file is not proper. How can I find that. Is there any online service which can scan the link or do something similar to that.

Re: How to find that the file which I am downloading is not having virus

If you are downloading from trusted sources then there is nothing to worry much. But if you are downloading from torrents or free sites then you must scan them first. And then only go ahead with installation. Most of them are infected, that is why they are free.

If there is a good antivirus in your system then you do not have to do that thing manually. The antivirus on its own scan the file and save it in your system. There are ample of great antivirus available on that. If you are using a download manager like IDM then also it is much more easy to locate a threat before downloading. IDM has a option through which it scans the downloaded files first through your antivirus and then only allow you to access it. I am going to give you the full settings here. For that you have to first copy the location of your antivirus. To get that right click on the antivirus icon, click on properties and copy everything under Target. Go in IDM and open IDM Configuration. In that go in Downloads. Below you can see a virus checking box. In the box type he entire location which you had copied. For command line parameter type /s [File]. That's all. This process will resolve the matter.

Scanning the file matters a lot. However to scan you have to download the same on your hard drive and then only it is going to work. It is essential that you must simply try use a good antivirus. It will do its job well for locating and killing threats in the system.

Well there is no direct way to tell that the downloaded files is secure or not. There is always a risk in doing that. A number of time it happens when you go ahead with downloading and installing it, malware adds in your system. This is because of additional things that comes with the download. I had seen many popular software offer you a free toolbar, search engine page, etc. At the time of setup you have to take care that you must remove the tick from it. Or else it will add the tool which is not easy to remove. I had always face problem with this tool bar. They just do not go. They also keep on redirecting you on a different site. Some popular antivirus offer you a online file scanner type of software. This online file scanner is amazing. But it has certain limitation on size. You cannot upload a big size file on the same.