Thread: Getting anonymoX error while trying to open yahoo inbox through messenger

Getting anonymoX error while trying to open yahoo inbox through messenger

I am getting a error on my home page when I am trying to open Yahoo inbox. When I double click on the tiny message icon that remains in the system tray. It appears when you sign to Yahoo Messenger. After double clicking on that a page open up in Firefox giving me a error. That it is not gong to work due to some anoymox stuff. What is this thing. I had not found anything like that installed in my pc.

Re: Getting anonymoX error while trying to open yahoo inbox through messenger

Try to re-install the browser. Remove it and install it back, this will resolve the problem. It looks there some add-on in the browser which is causing the problem. Try some other browser like opera to open your yahoo inbox and see whether it opens or not.

This is because of a addon. You do not have to re-install the browser for that. You just have to get rid of that addon. It is called as Anoymox. This addon changes your IP address. It is usually use to access region based block content. Like if some videos is block in your region you can use this one to access and view it. This is a amazing addon for hiding your IP address also. Some sites like yahoo and gmail detects the same and they do nt give you a direct inbox access. To remove it go in add-ons and remove it. If you want to keep it you can disable it for sometime and turn it on back again when needed. And if you are not completely aware who add this in your browser, so just remove it. There are many similar addons available like this through which you can hide your IP details and work well on the same.

I also got the same when I try to open yahoo inbox via messenger when I am on a proxy. It looks this things are not in yahoos security guidelines due to which they block access to the inbox if opened from different IP. It must be your countries ip or place where you had registered the account.