Thread: IE Sync failed to sync bookmarks on Internet Explorer

IE Sync failed to sync bookmarks on Internet Explorer

I am using IE Sync here. I am having a bit issue with syncing my bookmarks with the web browser. Before it use to work fine, but from last couple of week it is giving a problem. I have lots of bookmarks which are sorted in the form of categories. Once they are synced it is more appropriate to manage them. A number of time new updates appear, sometime browser crash, etc due to which I might loose everything.

Re: IE Sync failed to sync bookmarks on Internet Explorer

Try to re-install it. That might fix the issue. I am also using the same and it works fine. If it is still not working then I will advice you to go for some other working addon. They are ample of syncing addon available for IE.

I am using Firefox and it has a internal sync feature. This is not a third party addon. All you have to do is create a account and sync your bookmarks, password, preferences, history, etc. Now if you are using the same browser on your tablet or mobile phone, you just have to pair it with your existing account. Whatever bookmarks you had saved on a pc will also be available in the mobile platform. A common Firefox account will help you to have all the content wherever you go. Compare to IE, I found Firefox much more effective. Due to a number of addon availability. It is also stable and does not crashes. For Internet Explorer there are a set of few addons available which can help you. They are more better in comparison to IE Sync. One of them is LassPass. It is actually a powerful password manager, but this software also has a bookmark feature. You can bookmark all your sites inside and with a common account access them whenever you need. It is quiet secure and very easy to use. I will advice you to switch to last pass instead of IE sync and the issue will be resolved.

I am using Last Pass here. It works really fine. There is no issue with syncing at all. Everything is accessible by a single master password which is very simple to use. IE officially does not has any sync addon.

Whatever addon which you find for IE are not officially. Most of them are third party. While Firefox has some internal features through which you can keep a record of your bookmarks and password. There is one more powerful addon which I am using from long time. It is ideally design for syncing bookmarks only. It is called as Xmarks. You can download this for free. This tool allows you to keep a track of all your bookmarks at one place. It ia also very light in usage. The addon is provided for multiple browser and it is very easy to use also. The main aim of this addon is to backup your bookmarks on a online account. So that you can access them whenever needed. Along with this, the tool offer you ratings in search result. It is a quiet lightweight and does not hamper the browsing performance. I will advice you to simply checkout X mark. It is one of the best bookmark manager available.