Thread: Unable to access my Bank account on Windows 8.1 browser

Unable to access my Bank account on Windows 8.1 browser

Facing a strange problem since upgraded to Windows 8.1 Preview. As you all know the OS brings Internet Explorer 11 pre-loaded with it. Since yesterday i am trying to access my Bank Account as we know IE is the most safest and secured browser for accessing such websites. I tried to open the bank's login page, enter username and password but nothing happens after hitting the enter key. Tried refreshing and doing it again several times but yet the same problem.

Just to make sure if the problem is from bank's end itself, i tried opening the page on Firefox and it works fine. So the problem is somewhere from the browser itself, right? Can anyone here please tell me what is wrong with IE 11? How can i fix it? I cannot keep using it on firefox as i wont trust any other browser except IE. Please help.

Re: Unable to access my Bank account on Windows 8.1 browser

As Internet Explorer is the newest and still under development, there would be compatibility problems. Most of the times websites also are not compatible with particular browser which results into such problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Apiatan View Post
    As Internet Explorer is the newest and still under development, there would be compatibility problems. Most of the times websites also are not compatible with particular browser which results into such problems.
    Than whats the use of IE if we have to use another browser for few particular websites? Also if Firefox's or Opera's or even Chrome's latest versions are compatible with that website, then why not Internet Explorer? I dont think website need to make changes every time when a new browser is released, its browser itself which need to be made in a way it should compatible with sites.

Hey buddy, IE has been one of the best and secured browser since decade. You just cannot say that it is of no use. Just for your information, there is a feature which I doubt if it is in any other web browser. In such problems where you are not able to access your bank’s website, you can turn your IE 11 into earlier version of Internet Explorer with which the site was working well. Yes, it can be done IE 11 and I don’t think any other browser can do it. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Botan View Post
    there is a feature which I doubt if it is in any other web browser. In such problems where you are not able to access your bank’s website, you can turn your IE 11 into earlier version of Internet Explorer with which the site was working well.
    If it is so, then its really amazing. How can we change do that? Please help.

Here is how you can change the versions in IE using Developer Tools.
    • Launch desktop version of Internet Explorer 11 and hit F12 with browser opened
    • Now click Browser Mode IE11 from the developer tools.
    • This will bring up the list of browsers saying IE7, IE8, and so on upto IE10
    • Simply select the one where you bank’s website was working well and you are done.