Thread: slow video stream win 7 pro 64

slow video stream win 7 pro 64

My online video streaming is ridiculously choppy, stopping for buffering every minute. This should not be happening with DSL.

I attempted to adjust "hardware acceleration" but it is grayed out.

Even after I disabled the nVidia driver, it remained grayed out.

I allowed a video to run completely hoping it would have loaded in temp files enabling me to see it smoothly, but on the second run it remained choppy.

I would appreciate knowing if it is possible fix this problem in some way.

The site I was attempting to see videos from was education-portal.

Re: slow video stream win 7 pro 64

Can you tell us what is the model of the Nvidia video card that you are using? Have you got the latest updated driver for this card from the nvidia website? What is the speed of your DSL internet connection? Which browser do you use to watch online streaming video, is it updated to the latest? Also see to it whether the Adobe Flash Player in your computer is not outdated, because if it is so then you will have to update it again.

The problem lies with your PC Resolution. Rightclick on your desktop and click on Screen Resolution. Reduce the resolution until you get the right output. You might be using a Widescreen monitor and then video which you are trying to play does not support that much. Due to which it is blurred. The video might be around 480p or lower. I will advice you to change your monitor to lowest. Hardware Acceleration also grayed out on display resolution exceeds the video resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by simond View Post
    Can you tell us what is the model of the Nvidia video card that you are using? Have you got the latest updated driver for this card from the nvidia website? What is the speed of your DSL internet connection? Which browser do you use to watch online streaming video, is it updated to the latest? Also see to it whether the Adobe Flash Player in your computer is not outdated, because if it is so then you will have to update it again.
    Thank you for responding. Business prevented me from getting back sooner and doing the research for your questions.

My video card is NVidia GeForce GT 425M. I recently did a complete wipe of My Win 7 system. Then I did an update from the Sony support site for the nVidia driver.

My speed test was:
    download. 0.31 Mbps

upload 0.48 Mbp

I am using all users especially IE because one site recommends it. But I just updated to IE 10 but I don't like it, so I am switching to Chrome or Firefox.

I get automatic update notices from Adobe and update my flash when they come.

Since I made these changes my video has improved. One one site there is now no interruption.

On another site however the video stops to buffer every few minutes unless you stop the video allowing the download to advance ahead of what you have watched.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleT View Post
    The problem lies with your PC Resolution. Rightclick on your desktop and click on Screen Resolution. Reduce the resolution until you get the right output. You might be using a Widescreen monitor and then video which you are trying to play does not support that much. Due to which it is blurred. The video might be around 480p or lower. I will advice you to change your monitor to lowest. Hardware Acceleration also grayed out on display resolution exceeds the video resolution.
    Thanks for responding and trying to help.

My video resolution in 1920x1080 the recommended one. If I have a problem with a video you mean I should push the slider down, until the video runs smooth?

I cannot find hardware acceleration.

I would say, first go to the official nvidia website and download the graphics driver for your video card from here - http://www.geforce.com/drivers. You should always use the drivers from the manufacturers site. For getting into hardware acceleration, just follow the link given below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191660