Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Internet Explorer 11 crashes

Technology & Internet

Old 31-07-2013

Internet Explorer 11 crashes

I use Internet explorer as my default web browser since long time. Recently i tried to test out the latest IE 11 Preview edition on my Windows 7. My computer is already having Internet Explorer 10 installed, i installed IE 11 as well in side. For first few days it worked fine without any problem, but later it started crashing every now and then automatically. I dont know what went wrong but it is very annoying. I do some kind of coding job and in between when the browser crashes, it hurst me lot. BTW, is this the bug of IE 11 Preview or is it happening with me only? Any idea?

Old 03-08-2013

Re: Internet Explorer 11 crashes

Have you installed one or more add-ons to the browser? if yes, i guess there might be any add-on creating this problem. I am using the same IE11 since a month now but haven't faced a single crash so far. I think you should try out running the browser without Add-ons to conform whether it is add-ons or other problem. You can do this by running "iexplore.exe -extoff" command in command prompt. To open command prompt, press Windows and R key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
My computer is already having Internet Explorer 10 installed, i installed IE 11 as well in side.
As far as i know IE 11 overwrites IE10. How you managed to install them side by side?
Old 05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando View Post
I think you should try out running the browser without Add-ons to conform whether it is add-ons or other problem. You can do this by running "iexplore.exe -extoff" command in command prompt. To open command prompt, press Windows and R key
Help appreciated buddy but still the problem remains, my IE is still crashing with out add-ons. Can you please provide me another fix?

Thank you.
Old 06-08-2013

I too was facing the same problem with Internet Explorer 11. Tried several things such as safe mode, clearing temp files, clearing cache, etc but nothing helped. After doing some more searches finally I landed on MS page which says “To resolve the issue, install update 2866512 from Windows Update.”

I installed the update and problem got fixed. No more crashing. So, I think you should also give it a try. Hope it helps.
Old 07-08-2013

Seems like the browser is still in testing mode, hence it is obvious to get such problems. However there are troubleshootings using which we can fix the occurring problem. In this case where you browser keeps crashing, you should try out resetting the browser. In Internet Explorer 11, go to tools, Internet Options and click Advance Tab. Here at the bottom you will find and a button for “Reset”. Click the same. Now on the opened dialogue box, check mark the option saying “Delete personal settings” and click Reset.

Remember that this will delete everything from the browser including your history, passwords, bookmarks, etc. If you want you can backup the same before starting the resetting process.
Old 08-08-2013

Thank you very much Nixie. Finally that fixed the problem.

Help appreciated.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,