Thread: Secure password manager for Mozilla Firefox & Internet Explorer

Secure password manager for Mozilla Firefox & Internet Explorer

I am looking for a secure and safe password manager plugin for my system. I am using Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. I use IE for my companies website and also for online transaction. While for other stuff like for watching videos, emails, etc I use Firefox. Now I had kept a Excel file which has all the password. I want some service in which I can keep all the stuff safely and use it easily.

Re: Secure password manager for Mozilla Firefox & Internet Explorer

I do not really trust any password manager if it comes for banking transaction. It is better to keep them safe somewhere else. While for your regular mail accounts you can stick with KeePass. It is easy to use.

The best password manager is LastPass. It offers you maximum security in keeping your password safe from all stuff. LastPass is just more than a password manager. It offers you a tiny utility where you can simply keep all your password at a single place. It is a form filler also. Now the best part of this tool is that you can use it with set of different web browsers. You can use it on IE or Opera also. It has a tiny addon that you have to install in your web browser. Whenever you login to a site you will need to simply save it in the plugin. You can access all your password from a central location. That is from last pass website. It is completely secure and you do not need to worry about security. Being a multi-platform tool it is very easy to use it on different systems. You just have to add the plugin. And if you do not remember the password you can login to the site and save it. All your password is managed by a single master password. Once you logged in, whenever you visit a website LastPass will logged in automatically. It offers you bookmarks, secure notes, king of features also. There are two version available. One is free which is gives you almost all features and the second one is enterprise edition which is paid.

I had used RoboForm before. It is nice but the UI is not so great. So I switched to LastPass and this is really awesome. This password manager is just great enough for managing all password. I am really sorted by using this one.

What matters is the security. Password manager are like a locker who has your secrets. So it is necessary first to understand how much secure a password manager is. The existing password manager which comes integrated in the web browser are weak. They are not so great that is why people intend to use a third party one. LastPass and Roboform has a online database through which they manage your password. Among all password manager LastPass is considered as the best one. Through a single master password everything is managed. All you need to do is create a very strong master password. That is the only key which can cause you harm. If you use a weak password and if it is exposed to others, then they can get benefit from your accounts. So better use a good one and keep on changing whenever required. Compare to other password manager, LastPass has a some kind of two factor authentication. Where you can simply restrict login on the basis of location. And you can also restrict mobile access. In this way you can get more security.