Thread: How to stop unwanted post on Facebook Wall

How to stop unwanted post on Facebook Wall

Some of my friends are constantly posting on Facebook. It looks they have ample of free time. Some of them are playing games and keeps on sending unwanted updates on my Wall. I want to stop those thing. I had stopped playing ample of games for avoiding those updates. Now how to stop those who are just adding useless images and jokes. I do not want to unfriend them, I just do not want to receive what they had posted on my wall.

Re: How to stop unwanted post on Facebook Wall

If you want to stop people posting on your timeline then there are some option available under Privacy settings. For that go in settings, and click on Account settings. Then click on Timeline & Tagging. Look for Who can post on your timeline. Click on the Edit button and add Only me from the drop down. That's all. No one will be able to post on your timeline.

I was also annoyed with all those unwanted notification. It looks this people are born to spam on facebook wall. I tried to contact many of them and said not to add me on any updates but they won't listen. Now to avoid updates that are received via application or via games, you will need to remove them from your account. Click on the settings icon and then click on Account settings. From the left look for Apps which lies at the bottom. Click on that. You can see a list of all application that you had liked. Select a app and click on Edit. In that you can see a section When to notify you?. From the dropdown select Never. That's all do the same for each and every app available and done. You will not get update about any game, app or anything. This is the best way to simply get rid of unwanted updates. This simply helps to keep the wall much more clear. Because ample of updates are usually received via this updates only. You can also remove the apps if you want. There are more settings available in the same section that allow you to keep your timeline more cleaner. The section below App others Use gives you a full list of checkboxes who can use your info via apps. You can also remove it.

There are some applications available called as Facebook Wall cleaner. They can help you in fixing the issue. You just have to add the app and done. Your FB wall will be protected from unwanted stuff.

Yes there are some apps available that can help you. But I can also provide you a manual way of avoiding this. If this does not work then you can go with the app solution. If you are getting too much unwanted post on your FB wall from a friend then you can simply unfollow it. By which you will stop receiving the updates. For that go on the Facebook and look for the friends post which you do want. When you move your mouse over it you can see a small drop down arrow at the corner right. Click on that and click on Hide. You can see two more options then. The first is Change what updates and Organize who you see in news feed. Click on the first one. A drop down box will appear. In that go the end and click on unfollow. You are done. After clicking on that you will stop getting updates from that friend. But he will still remain in your friend list. This is the most easiest and effective way to avoid peoples post. Your wall remains clear. While the second option is to use a third party application. There are ample of apps available that can help you to keep your fb wall clean. You can keep minimum updates on it.