Thread: No internet connection on Netgear JNR1010 N150 router even when ADSL light is on

No internet connection on Netgear JNR1010 N150 router even when ADSL light is on

I am using a broadband connection from MTNL. I got a model from the broadband provider pre-configured with all the settings. Now from past few weeks there was a issue with connectivity. The dsl lights keep on blinking. When it is resolved I bought a router to configure wifi at my home. It is Netgear JNR1010 N150 . IT is a new router. There is a weird issue. When I connect the router the dsl light starts blinking while after few minutes of disconnecting the router the net starts working.

Re: No internet connection on Netgear JNR1010 N150 router even when ADSL light is on

That is a really weird issue. There is no connection with the router and your dsl light. The modem is the only one which handles the connectivity. So if there is a internet issue contact your ISP and launch a complain with him.

Re: No internet connection on Netgear JNR1010 N150 router even when ADSL light is on

The issue lies with the modem not with the router. I was using MTNL service a couple of month ago. Instead of buying a router separately it is far more better to buy a modem + router. That is helpful and it is also good in long run. I find router a complicated setup. You have to add different devices. While in a modem+router you get integrated wifi. Now here to find the issue, type the IP address of the modem in your web browser. By default it is 192.168.1.1. Hit enter. It will prompt you for login details. Type admin/admin. This is the default login details for all mtnl modem. Once you are in the modem page, go status and see the link status. If it is mentioned as down then the net service is interrupted. But if it is stated as showtime them your internet is active. You have to restart your modem and check back. Once your net is on then connect the router to the modem and configure it via CD that you get with it. That allows the router to get all settings properly.

Update the router firmware. That will do the job. Just go in the router page by typing 10.1.1.1 which is the default router login and look for firmware upgrade. You can download the latest firmware from official site of netgear.

Yes try updating the router firmware. That will be more helpful here. Somehow the dls lights when blink the issue usually lies with the internet connection from ISP ends. Not from your . You have to check the cables and all connectivity. If you are using a combo plan then check your telephone. There is a splitter available which connects the telephone and modem to the line. Try to remove it and add it back. The link status here determine whether your net is working fine or not. The dsl must be on constantly. Then you cn use router on it. You can try to run a ping command to test the modem and router one by one. If there is request timeout error then you will need to change the rj45 cables. One easy way to fix the issue is to run factory settings on both. For mtnl you must keep all the details ready with you. Like login ids, password, ip address, etc and then only reset the router on factory settings.