Thread: Uploading on Skydrive takes long time?

Uploading on Skydrive takes long time?

I have recently downloaded the updated vrsion of Skydrive on my computer. After that, I have copied some docs to the new Windows Explorer Skydrive folder. But it has been 3 days now and it is still uploading the data of 3gb till now? I dont understand why it is taking too much of time to upload on Skydrive? I also dont get any error messages but am really fed up by the long time that it is taking now? Is there any better method to upload files? Thanks

Re: Uploading on Skydrive takes long time?

Are you sure that you have the latest updated version of Skydrive, because recently the long uploading time bug was resolved in it. However, if still you are facing problems, then right click on the Skydrive icon in the quick launch area. After that click on the settings and then click on Performance Tab and then uncheck the box next to improve upload speed by uploading files in batches. Save and exit and now check if the issue is resolved or not.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Actually, the uploading of the files depends upon the internet connection that you are using and also on the loads on the microsoft servers sometimes that gets jammed. Can you first of all try to check your internet speed by going to speedtest.net and then check the upload speed. Even if you get a positive result of high upload speed, then I would suggest that you wait for sometime and then try to upload files on the Skydrive.

There are many people who are facing this similar problem of slow uploading on Skydrive and hence many have moved to Dropbox or Google drive because they are much faster than Skydrive. Even I was trying to upload only 700mb of documents on Skydrive and it took almost 4 days to finish uploading on Skydrive. When I did the same on Google drive then it hardly took 2 hours or so.