Thread: Youtube app for Samsung UE42F5500 TV is not working

Youtube app for Samsung UE42F5500 TV is not working

Hi, i'm sorry if this is going in wrong section but as it is related to YouTube i am posting it here. We bought a brand new Samsung TV day before yesterday. Everything is working good except one thing, Youtube. I downloaded the official YouTube app fro Samsung TV, but whenever i try to play any video, it wont play. App launches fine, i can even see all my videos but when hit any of them to play, it just wont play. Infact the duration also appears as 00:00. No matter what i do, i am not able to make it work. Hope somebody of you know what is the problem and how can i get rid of the same. Please help. Many thanks

Re: Youtube app for Samsung UE42F5500 TV is not working

Hello konigsberg, This is a very well known problem for Samsung as many users are facing the same issue, you are not alone. Actually the problem is with the TC's firmware. Those whose TVs are running with less than v1100 firmware are having Youtube streaming problems. Samsung is working on the same and they have in fact released the update for some models in some regions. You should check if you get the firmware update. If it is there, simply update the same and the issue will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dëfrim View Post
    Those whose TVs are running with less than v1100 firmware are having Youtube streaming problems. Samsung is working on the same and they have in fact released the update for some models in some regions. You should check if you get the firmware update. If it is there, simply update the same and the issue will be gone.
    Thank you very much for the help Dëfrim, that was really helpful. Finally i git the firmware update for my TV model, installed the same and problem solved.

Help appreciated.

I still have a problem with my TV. Some videos load fine but most of them dont. It is Samsung 40ES6340S with latest YouTube application. As you guys are talking about Firmware, i checked for the update but seems like i dont have any firmware updates for this model.

Is there any alternate way to get the Firmware v1100 for my TV model? Please help.

Nope there is no alternate way to get the update unless they launch the firmware officially for any specific model. You should wait for few more days/week. Samsung already rolled out the firmware for most of their models including yours as well I guess. It should be reaching your region soon.