Thread: Youtube videos are not buffering while it is at pause

Youtube videos are not buffering while it is at pause

We all know or can see that YouTube is getting redeveloped and redesigned every day. I dont know what they are testing bit it is something related to html5 which is messing up all the things with YouTube. I am using this site since long time and i remember how smooth it used to work earlier but now they have just messed it up. Now the videos are laggy, freezing, and more. Even though i am using an 8 MBPS connecting when i play any video it plays for 5 seconds and starts buffering which takes about 15 second and again 5 seconds of playback. Surprisingly when i pause the video, it wont even buffer. That means i have to watch the videos in installment of 5 seconds.

Any idea what is wrong?

Re: Youtube videos are not buffering while it is at pause

Yes, it is related to HTML 5. I am not sure but i think Google or Youtube team are still testing the website with HTML5 and hence we all are facing this problem. Well what you can do is Visit this page. They have provided the supported browsers for youtube in html5 version. You can download the one and hopefully there wont be the problem anymore.

I have faced this problem earlier on all my browsers with youtube. In my case it was bit different. Videos use to buffer until the video is playing, but if i pause it, buffering stops as well. After working out and doing some searches finally i found the solution. You just need to clear out your browser's cookies and cache. If you are using firefox, go to Options > Advanced > Network tab. click clear cache and set the cache value upto 350Mb. Now go to Tools-> Options-> Privacy and clean cookies.

If you are using Google chrome, simply type chrome://settings/cookies in the address bar and click on Remove all. Do the same with Opera by going into its settings. Now restart the browsers and try buffering Youtube videos. See if it fixes the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SALAZAR View Post
    If you are using firefox, go to Options > Advanced > Network tab. click clear cache and set the cache value upto 350Mb. Now go to Tools-> Options-> Privacy and clean cookies.

If you are using Google chrome, simply type chrome://settings/cookies in the address bar and click on Remove all. Do the same with Opera by going into its settings. Now restart the browsers and try buffering Youtube videos. See if it fixes the problem.
    Thank you very much for the help guys. That was really very helpful. Finally i managed to fix the problem since a month. All youtube videos now buffer fine while playing or in pause mode. Help appreciated.