Thread: Unable to view age-restricted videos on youtube even after having over 18 years of age

Unable to view age-restricted videos on youtube even after having over 18 years of age

I am having an iPhone with YouTube app. Now there are some videos which requires minimum 18 years of age. Well i am 28 but still i cannot watch those videos on my iPhone. When i try playing the same video on my Android phone or directly on laptop, it plays fine but not on iPhone. Is it just me facing the issue or somebody else have noticed the same?

As per i dont think this is the problem from Google's end because i am already signed in and Google know that i am over 18 but seems like iPhone dont wont to recognize the same. Any workaround for this? Please help.

Re: Unable to view age-restricted videos on youtube even after having over 18 years of age

Hello Babette, few question before i can suggest you any other troubleshooting.

Did you added your birthday on the iPhone?
    What happens when you open YouTube in browser instead of the youtube app? Does it show you that video?

Re: Unable to view age-restricted videos on youtube even after having over 18 years of age

Quote Originally Posted by Mercia mAC View Post
    Did you added your birthday on the iPhone?
    What happens when you open YouTube in browser instead of the youtube app? Does it show you that video?
    Yes i have already added my age on the device but yet the same result. Also no matter i play in the Youtube App or in browser, it wont allow me to stream the videos required 18+ age.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hello Babette

Here is something you need to try out to get rid of this age restriction problem:
    • Open Safari on your iPhone or on Desktop and visit Google
    • From the left pane click on your Profile > About Tab.
    • Click Edit Basic Info.
    • Here re-verify your birthday and update if required.
    • Now Save and close the browser.
    • Open YouTube app on your iPhone.
    • Log out and re-login to the App.

That’s it. Hopefully you should be able to see those age restricted videos.

Thank you very much for the help buddy. That did the trick. Now I am able to play the videos on my YouTube App. Help appreciated.