Thread: What is new in Firefox 20

What is new in Firefox 20

Firefox 20 is released. Can anyone tell what is new in that. I am using a older version due to a addon. It does not work on any new edition. I just do not want to upgrade, because there can be more issue if I install it directly. All my old adds will be wiped out and will not work properly. I need some help to find out the exact features of the new browser with addon benefits. Is it possible to install more than one version of Firefox on a single pc.

Re: What is new in Firefox 20

if u don't want to upgrade but want to see what is new in firefox than do one of the following things:

install in a different directory i.e. Firefox new version

find mozilla firefox install directory and zip file it

then install new firefox in new directory and test it out

and if u don't like it just uninstall new version and un-zip older firefox in original directory

No it is not possible. And if you upgrade you will really loose all your old addons. But the new one is more better and stable. You can simply test the installation on some other pc by adding the addon you are using. If that works then you can install it in your pc. I am sure that will help you to some extent. The new one has more improvement in the visual display with added benefits. There are less laggy tabs and the performance is also quiet better.

There are lots of fixes. But not really sure that old addons will work on the same. I am still using the 3.0 version due to a single addon that allows me to sync my contacts. I never found any latest updates on it. But I found that the new firefox has a better download manager. There are lots of bugs fixes and there are better performance improvement. In previous version when you open more than one tab at a single time the browser freezes. That is not happening here.

The new feature is something per window private browsing. It looks the browser has done more about privacy here and there are option to hang plugins on the same. Performance improvement is always a added benefit here. It is having more for the developers. But still we can expect a better output from the performance that matters the most. The browser works smoothly with different websites and is also faster compare to the older one.

hey cech

i know how you feel i liked Weather Bug and it isn't supported in the new release so i am no longer using firefox until they add all support for all of the old extentions again because they will eventually lose most of their users

starting with me!!!!!!