Thread: How to earn from Youtube Videos and Ads?

How to earn from Youtube Videos and Ads?

Hi there,

One of my friend told me recently that he started earning few bucks from his youtube videos that he uploaded on the site? Is it true, if so then how can I earn some decent amount from youtube? Can I upload any kind of videos, except and obviously not the sex/child abuse, on youtube? After uploading how do I check how much I have earned and how will I get the money, will it be directly transferred to my bank or will I be given cheques? If I will get cheques then I will also have to show my tax and all in my region, isnt it? Any information on it would be appreciated.

Re: How to earn from Youtube Videos and Ads?

YouTube is a free video hosting service, where everyone has the opportunity to fill up their video and share it with millions of people around the world. So, if you want to make money then you must:

• Fill your own videos on youtube
    • Affirm that the videos are copyrighted and protected and unique
    • Enter into an affiliate program service of youtube
    • And finally receive money for clicks on advertising in our commercials

Each video must be over a thousand views. In addition to that you must be subscribed by over a thousand people in your channel, sometimes. While these options may vary, click on the link to the registration in the YouTube partner program, here - http://www.youtube.com/partners/cont...partner_type=C

If you have good video content quality, original, with a large audience, and you are the author of the video (or that you have all rights), you can enter the advertising program of YouTube/Google until they are reserved for a few privileged publishers. You simply need to enroll in Partnership program of YouTube by completing a form (given in the above post) and then wait for Google to contact you to finish the validatation on your application. This program takes into account the number of impressions (number of times a video is viewed) unlike Adsense which counts on the number of clicks.

Basically, if you want to make money on YouTube, you have to become a YouTube partner, which allows you to display ads on your videos, and then you can earn a percentage of the revenue generated by clicks on the ads, along with AdSense. As for the amount of money you can really do, I heard the numbers start from $3 to $10 per 1,000 video views. However, the process of becoming a YouTube partner is not as trivial as becoming an AdSense publisher. Here are the basic steps that you need:

Grow your audience on YouTube

One of the most important criteria that the YouTube guys use to assess your application, is the audience that comes to your videos on YouTube. Not revealing what the requirements are, but I've seen many people saying that there are approximate numbers of people subscribing before being accepted:

• at least 1,000 subscribers
    • at least 1,000 views on all your videos
    • at least 10,000 view on your channel

These are the minimum, however, if you want to ensure that you will be accepted then I would point to 5,000 subscribers and 50,000 channel views which will instantly get you in.

Publish videos regularly

If you only have one or two videos uploaded then your chances of being accepted are very low, even if some of this videos have become viral. This is because YouTube is looking for people who are thinking of working with them in the long run.

The more regularly and frequently uploading of new videos will be better. For example, someone who uploads a new video every day is more likely to be accepted than someone who uploads biweekly.

You also want to make sure you have at least 100 videos uploaded before applying to become a partner (although some say 50 will suffice).

Developing a brand around your videos

This step is not essential, but I think it helps a lot in getting your application approved. We must remember that, once you meet the technical guidelines then you will be checked by another person who will decide if you are a good prospect to become a YouTube partner or not. In other words, the more professional, the more likely is your chance.

Make Sure your content has all the rights reserved.

If there is one thing that will make your application to be rejected on the spot is a copyright infringement, so make sure you have zero copyrighted material videos. This includes pictures, graphics, logos, video and audio files.

Apply to become a YouTube Partner

After following all the above steps you are ready to apply. You can do it through the official YouTube Partner program. It might take a while to get your application considered due to the amount of people who request it, but once it is accepted, you will be able to start showing ads on your videos immediately.