Thread: (IDM) - Internet downloads manager not working in Internet explorer 9

(IDM) - Internet downloads manager not working in Internet explorer 9

Internet downloads manager is not working in Internet explorer 9. My system runs windows 7 and I have installed Internet downloads manager, it works for Firefox and chrome without any issue but for some reason it is not working in Internet explorer 9. I am using Internet downloads manager for the first time so I don’t have much idea about it, any help to get it working with IE9 will be much appreciated.

Re: (IDM) - Internet downloads manager not working in Internet explorer 9

I want to know if you had got a message saying “Internet downloads manager was successfully installed in Internet explorer” and something like that?? If not then try uninstalling and reinstalling IDM and see if it starts working fine. In case you get any error then make a note of the same and post it in your next reply so that I can have better idea of the issue you are going through.
    This is a figment of your imagination.

Yes I had received a message saying “Internet downloads manager was successfully installed in Internet explorer” after the installation process and I was redirected to IDM official site as well. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it quite a few times but it’s still not working. It says that it has been installed but when I play any video on YouTube the “downloads manager” bar won’t come up. Whereas in Firefox and chrome Just after the buffering part gets over, I can see “downloads manager” bar on the top. I am not sure but I want to know if there is some kind of incompatibility issue between IDM and internet explorer 9??? I have checked about this issue and have come across similar threads but I don’t see any effective solution to deal with it.

Did you check in Internet downloads manager under general tab whether “Internet explorer” is added in the list and is check-marked?? If not then you can click on add browser, point it to Internet explorer application file and click on open. Once it gets added, you will be able to see Internet explorer in the list, you just have to check-mark it in the list, save the changes and restart IE, that’s it. Generally Internet explorer gets added automatically in the list while installing Internet downloads manager but in some cases you have to do it manually. Just cross check what I have mentioned and let me know if that’s the case you were running in to, best of luck.

No that’s not the case, I have gone through IDM setting and “Internet explorer” is already added and selected in the list. I have tried removing it and adding it again but I don’t see any improvement, I still cannot get Internet downloads manager working. I don’t mind carrying out my download via Firefox and chrome using IDM but I am hard core user of Internet explorer and don’t like using other browser. Using Firefox and chrome just for carrying out download gets irritating sometime, nothing else. In case you come across any other solution that I can try out further then please let me know.
    This is a figment of your imagination.

Hey I was running in to same issue after installing Internet downloads manager. It was working fine in Firefox but not in Internet explorer. However, I have fixed the issue by performing below steps.
    Open internet explorer, click on Tools and then on Manage Add-ons
    Now in Manage Add-ons window, select "IDM integration (IDMIEHlprObj Class)" add-on and click on enable
    Once done, restart Internet explorer and IDM should start working fine
    It worked for me, I think it will work for you as well, just give it a try and post back if that helps.

Hey that worked, "IDM integration (IDMIEHlprObj Class)" add-on was disabled under Manage Add-ons. Since enabling it, it has started working without any issue.