Thread: Your Browser’s Cookie functionality is turned off, Turn It on

Your Browser’s Cookie functionality is turned off, Turn It on

I am running windows 7 in my system and I am using Internet Explorer 9.0. Recently I have started running in to a weird issue, I am not able to visit sites that require login like gmail and yahoo as soon as I click on sign in I get an error message saying “Your Browser’s Cookie functionality is turned off, Turn It on”. I don’t know why I am getting that error. Cookies are already enabled in my case. Is there anything else I need to check out?

Re: Your Browser’s Cookie functionality is turned off, Turn It on

Have you tried deleting browsing history and restarting your Internet explorer?? If you haven’t then give that a try and see if that makes any difference. In case if that doesn’t help then you can try resetting Internet explorer. Just make sure that you are restarting Internet explorer and your system after making any changes in it.

I had tried deleting browsing history and restarting Internet explorer and my system as well but no avail. After your suggestion I have tried resetting Internet explorer but even that did not made any difference in my case. Worst scenario is that I get the same error message for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox as well. I am not sure but I think there is nothing wrong with these browsers instead there is something wrong with windows 7. Things were working perfectly and a couple of days ago. Don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly. I don’t mind uninstalling and reinstalling all 3 browsers but I really doubt if that will help.

If you are getting the same error message for all 3 browsers then there is surely something wrong with your windows. It seems as if your system has got affected by virus. If you have antivirus installed then update it and run a through scan. In case your antivirus doesn’t detect any virus then some of your system file might have got corrupted. In that case you can try running System File Checker, you can refer below steps for running the command:
    Go to start, type “cmd” and hit enter
    Once elevated command prompt gets opened, type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit enter.
    System File Checker will run a scan and will repair or replace any corrupted or missing file.
    -Their is a time for one thing, and times for other things, but now isn't the time to read this message-

Running the System File Checker fixed the issue, I dint got a chance to check out the final message but after its scanning process got completed, I restarted my system and crossed checked the browser. I am not getting the same error message now, thanks for your help.