Thread: A new version of Opera is ready to be installed. Do you want to install the update now

A new version of Opera is ready to be installed. Do you want to install the update now

I have been using Opera 12.02 since last 2 months but from some days whenever I am opening the browser I get a pop—up message saying “A new version of Opera is ready to be installed. Do you want to install the update now” I thought it will appear one or two times but now it is appearing every time and I am getting irritated of it. I want to know if there is a way to disable it?

Re: A new version of Opera is ready to be installed. Do you want to install the update now

Ok, try this
    Open opera, go to Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Security
    No w in the auto–update window, select “Do not check for updates” in dropdown box and click on ok
    Once done restart your system and restart opera, you should not get the same pop up message again, hope that helps.

Re: A new version of Opera is ready to be installed. Do you want to install the update now

I have tried following the steps that you have suggested but it doesn’t seem to be working. I still get the same pop – up message. I have tried digging opera settings but there is no option for disabling it. Will reinstalling opera help???

I guess it will, by the way why don’t you download and install the update. I mean it’s good to keep your system up to date. Once you will install the updates you won’t get any pop – up message until there is a newer update.
    However, if you don’t want to do that then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling opera. Make sure that you are not simply uninstalling it form control panel, you can use some uninstaller for the same task.

I had installed that update but the browser was behaving weirdly. It used to freeze most of the time and I had to kill its process form task manager and restart it. I had noticed after opening more than 5 tabs, pages were taking more time to get loaded. That was the reason I did a system restore and reverted back to Opera 12.02, but since then the mentioned pop – up message is coming up every time. I don’t have any other issue with Opera 12.02 and it works smoothly as compared to Opera 12.10.

I have recently updated to Opera 12.10 and I don’t have any such issue with it. I find it faster as compared to Opera 12.02. Did you restart your system after installing Opera 12.10? If not, then install it again, restart your system and start opera and see if it works fine. In case it doesn’t, than make clean installation of Opera 12.02 and that should probably help you out. If you face any issue further than you can revert back to me for further help.

I was running in to same issue some weeks ago after updating to Opera 12.10. I don’t know why it was not working properly in my case as well. Just like you have mentioned pages used to take more time to load and it used to get freeze most of the time. In my case I had uninstalled Opera 12.10 and had installed Opera 12.02 and even after setting “Do not check for updates” in auto–update I was getting the same pop – up message. Later I installed Opera 12.10 again and simply installed Opera 12.02 over it, since then I haven’t come across that pop – up message. You can try making clean installation of Opera 12.02 but if that doesn’t help than you can try out what I did, best of luck.