Thread: Track lost mobile phones via internet

Track lost mobile phones via internet

I have lost my Samsung galaxy y phone and I want to know if there is a way by which I can track it via internet. Is there any utility online that can help me in tacking it or any kind of software that I can use??? I remember the IMEI no if my phone and I have already lodged a complaint in Police station but I haven’t got any response from them yet. It has been more than 3 weeks.

Re: Track lost mobile phones via internet

I don’t think there is any utility online that can help you in tracking your phone with the help of your phones IMEI number. Any ways I want to if you had enabled tracker in your phone??? As far as I am aware android phones nowadays have built in tracker, you just need to enable them and feed a mobile number for receiving the tracking information in case your phones gets lost.
    If mobile tracker is on and if your phone gets lost then any you will receive the phone number of the sim card that will be inserted in your phone other than yours on the number than you might have fed.

No, I had not enabled the tracker. I had just spent three days with it and was busy exploring its features. Someone robbed it form my pocket in train. I don't know how.

So you mean to say, if tracker is not enabled than no one will be able to track my phone??

No, only you won’t be able to track it from your side. There are software’s that can track mobile phones with its IMEI number and its chip details. Such software’s are very costly and they are used by Government officials and Mobile operators. Since you have already lodged a complaint, I don’t think there is anything else that you can do, rather than waiting for a response from Police station.
    Tracking process might take long time as many phones are lost every day and many people lodge a complaint for the same. I have come across some people who had lost their phones and have received it after lodging complaint but there are few who have not. So in that case, you need to have patience, if you are lucky than you will get it else make sure that you enable the tracker next time you get a new phone.

Yes one should always enable tracker if they have it in their phone. Some of my friends have gone through the same scenario. I mean they forgot to enable the tracker before they lost their phone and they haven’t received it.
    It’s not necessary that you can get your phone back if tracker is enabled, there are methods for destroying it as well, but in case your phone is found by one who don’t have any idea about it, than you can contact him on the sim number that you will receive through message or simply provide the same number to police.

I will suggest you to wait for some more weeks and if Police people are not able to find it out than you can get your phone blocked using its IMEI number. Once it gets blocked no one will be able to use any sim card in it and it will just work like a player and nothing else. For blocking your phone using IMEI number you will have to contact your mobile operator with the copy of lodge complaint.