Thread: Gmail won’t open - Error 404

Gmail won’t open - Error 404

My system runs on windows 7 and I am having issue with gmail, whenever I am trying to open Gmail I get Error 404. I have tried using 3 different browsers - IE8, Mozilla Firefox and opera but I get same error with them as well. I don’t know what to do, I need to access gmail every day and this issue is pissing me off now, please help me out fixing this.

Re: Gmail won’t open - Error 404

If this happened suddenly than I will suggest you to use Open DNS (208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220) or Google DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4). You just have to set it in the Local Area connection properties. Once you do that clear your browser cache and see if you are able to access it again or not. I am not sure but I think that it might be because of temporary server issue in your case. Just try out what ive suggested and let me know if that fixes this issue.

I had cleared out browser cache of all browsers previously but that did not made any difference in my case. After your suggestion I have tried setting both Open DNS (208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220) and Google DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) but no luck yet. This issue is driving me crazy and I need to sort it out as soon as possible, let me know if there is anything else that I can try out further. Help regarding this will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Have you tried using google chrome?? I have heard this issue with gmail for the very first time. If possible try using google chrome and see if that’s working. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling any one of your current browser to check out if there is something wrong with it. I cannot think of anything else that might resolve your problem. I also wanted to know if you have any issue in accessing yahoo mail or any other mail service????

I am not having any issue with other mail services and my internet is working fine as well. I just get Error 404 while accessing gmail, I have checked out for error code 404 with gmail and have come across some similar threads but I don’t see any effective solution there. I don’t mind uninstalling and reinstalling browsers but I doubt that will help. I will try using chrome and will let you know If I get any help form it, until than if there is any other workaround to get rid of this error than just share it with me. I don’t mind trying all possible solution for getting rid of this error, I just need to get gmail working.

Have you tried using google chrome?? I have heard this issue with gmail for the very first time. If possible try using google chrome and see if that’s working. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling any one of your current browser to check out if there is something wrong with them. I can’t think of anything else that might help. I also wanted to know if you have any issue in accessing yahoo mail or any other mail service????

I don't have issue with other mail services and my internet is working fine as well. I getting Error 404 while accessing gmail, I have checked the error code 404 with gmail and have come across some similar threads but I don’t see any effective solution there. I don’t mind uninstalling and reinstalling browsers but I doubt that will help. I will try using chrome and will let you know If I get any help form it, until than if there is any other workaround to get rid of this error than just share it with me. I don’t mind trying all possible solution for getting rid of this error, I just need to get gmail working.

Rather than uninstalling and reinstalling browsers I will suggest you to renew your ipaddress of flush dns. You Just have to type below commands in command prompt and hit enter.
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flush dns
    Best of luck, post back your result after executing these commands.

You can ask from customer support of your internet provider of your area to resolve this issue.