Thread: Can’t login to Google mail in Opera 12, getting error ‘Unable to complete secure transaction’

Can’t login to Google mail in Opera 12, getting error ‘Unable to complete secure transaction’

I updated my Opera 11 browser to Opera 12 yesterday and now today morning I am starting to get problems with it. The first thing that I did was to open my Gmail account. After I inserted the username and password, I got a message saying ‘Unable to complete secure transaction’. I can’t understand why it is happening, but my Gmail account opens properly from other web browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Does anyone else experience this problem too?

Re: Can’t login to Google mail in Opera 12, getting error ‘Unable to complete secure transaction’

I have never heard of such problem in Opera ever and it usually starts Gmail without any problem. One can’t even blame Google for this problem as they make their websites such that they work for most of the web browser properly. I think this problem is something related to the Opera 12 web browser. When you log into any website, Opera 12 fist checks the certificates which suggest the amount of security a website can provide for user’s data. I think there is some issue of certificates with Opera 12 web browser. I suggest that you try disabling the ‘OCSP Validate Certificates’ in your Opera 12 web browser.

Re: Can’t login to Google mail in Opera 12, getting error ‘Unable to complete secure transaction’

I think that it must be the anti-virus that is responsible for this problem. It must be detecting Gmail as some malicious account and the log in as some suspicious activity. This must be happening because the security level of the anti-virus that you are using must be set to high or maybe strict. At this level every connection will be tested and brought into notice. I think that this must be the problem that your Opera 12 must be suffering from. You can go in the options of the anti-virus and make the security level to moderate ones.