Thread: In Opera 12 browser, YouTube is not working

In Opera 12 browser, YouTube is not working

I have been using Opera 12 web browser for a long time now and I have used to watch videos on YouTube as well as other similar websites. When I open the website that has the video, there is no video in playing where it should be. Instead there is a black box with no video or audio or any interface. This happened after I updated the Adobe Flash Player. The video works as usual on other browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Does anyone else also get this problem in their Opera browser or is it just me?

Re: In Opera 12 browser, YouTube is not working

I think that this problem is caused because of the third party extensions or add-ons that you have added to the Opera 12 web browsers. I think these add-ons or extensions must be blocking h videos from loading. Have you installed any add-on or extension that is meant for download of videos from such websites? If yes, then I suggest you to remove these add-ons or extensions so that videos start working properly. Also check for other add-ons or extensions that are interfering the loading of video. Chances are that some of the extension or add-on must be interfering with the working of Adobe Flash Player in your computer.

I think that this problem must be occurring because of the new Adobe Flash Player update you installed in your computer. I suggest you to check the version of the Adobe Flash Player that you have installed and check on internet if anyone else have mentioned about same problem on their systems. You can take a screenshot of the blank black video screen on your computer and send it to Adobe for analysis. I am sure that they will help you with this problem and solve the issue for you. I suspect that Opera 12 is incompatible with the version of Adobe Flash Player you have installed.

This is a common issue that occurs after upgrading any major part of the browser. In your case, updating the flash player has created the problem. You will need to reset the site preferences in your Opera 12 web browser. When you updated the Adobe Flash Player, the changes were also applied to the cookies and the preferences. Due to this, the cookies and the settings of Opera 12 have been affected especially for the video streaming websites. Resetting the site preferences and having new preferences will surely help you solving this issue.