Thread: Add-ons won’t work after upgrading to Firefox 15

Add-ons won’t work after upgrading to Firefox 15

I have been using Firefox 14 all these days and now I switched to using Firefox 15. After switching to Firefox 15, all the add-ons and extensions that I had transferred from Firefox 14 stopped working. Some add-ons wouldn’t start, some would freeze or crash Firefox 15 and other similar problems started popping up. Can anybody tell me what I can do to rectify all these problems?

Re: Add-ons won’t work after upgrading to Firefox 15

After an upgraded version of Firefox comes out for download, it is not the responsibility of the Mozilla to make it compatible with extensions of the previous version. Also there have been many changes made in Firefox 15 as compared to Firefox 14. This is why many add-ons and extension have been affected. It’s not just you who is having these problems. But many people have noticed this problem in their Firefox 15. I suggest you to go in the add-on manager and remove all the add-ons before they start corrupting the system files of Firefox 15.

It is a pure case of incompatibility in Firefox 15. The add-ons that you were using in Firefox 14 are not updated by their respective developers to make them work with Firefox 15. This is why you are facing problem of non functioning add-ons in Firefox 15. You can wait for the developers of the desired add-ons to update the add-on and extensions which will make them functioning with Firefox 15.

You can also send them request if any email ID is provided. The best way to find compatible add-on for Firefox 15 is by searching add-ons via add-on manager of Firefox 15, it will show you the most compatible add-ons.

If you are having trouble removing any add-on or extension from Firefox 15 because it keeps freezing or crashing, then I suggest you to go in Firefox 15 from the safe mode of the operating system that you are using. In the safe mode, all the extensions and add-ons will be automatically disabled.

Also other features that might be hampering with the working of Firefox 15, which can be, css scripts, hardware acceleration and so on will all be disabled. In this safe mode, you can uninstall the incompatible add-ons and then again start using it from the normal mode.