Thread: Private browsing in Firefox 15.0 is saving cache although set to never remember

Private browsing in Firefox 15.0 is saving cache although set to never remember

I have been using Private browsing feature of Firefox 15.0 on my college PC to go on Facebook. I have used the private browsing of Google Chrome and also the previous editions of Firefox, but this is the first time I am seeing that the private browsing mode is actually saving cache in the hard disk. I mean this is totally wrong. Is there any setting using which I can stop the cache from being saved in Firefox 15.0?

Re: Private browsing in Firefox 15.0 is saving cache although set to never remember

Actually the private browsing mode saves the cache to the hard drive when it is being used. But it also deletes the cache when the closed down. There is a bug in Firefox 15.0 that stops the private browsing from deleting the cache from the hard drive leading to the problem of passwords and usernames being saved. I think that it is better to wait for the developers to rectify this bug. Till then you can downgrade your Firefox 15 to Firefox 14 as its private browsing is till secure.

Re: Private browsing in Firefox 15.0 is saving cache although set to never remember

You can easily turn off the cache saving feature of private browsing of Mozilla Firefox 15.0. The bug that is affecting the Firefox 15.0’s private browsing mode actually enables the cache saving in Firefox 15.0 by default. You have to go in the options and in it go in the section of Tool. In the advanced settings, go in Network setting and under offline storage, you will find option to clear the cache.