Thread: Spybot detecting Fraud.Facebook.Messenger

Spybot detecting Fraud.Facebook.Messenger

Getting continuous warning of Fraud.Facebook.Messenger infection on my system. I remember last time I had scanned my system and it was removed. Spybot has listed that the threat is removed. Again after some days the same thing appear. Does this virus has ability to stay hidden or I have more similar infections in my computer.

How should I get rid of this. I am looking for a complete removal process for the same. Thanks.

Re: Spybot detecting Fraud.Facebook.Messenger

It looks that your antivirus is not updated. That is the reason you might be facing the issue. If the virus removed once does not means the same will never enter your system. There can be number of attacks. Go the help section and click on About. In that you can see the current version and update.

Run a Spybot update and check back. There is a virus in your computer. It has been appeared before as you said. It would have killed the older infection, but new one has entered. Fraud.Facebook.Messenger is a malware. You must keep a eye on the same. Scan your system continuously with updated antivirus only. Try to run scan in safe mode as much as possible. After a number of scans the malware will be removed and things will get to normal. The virus comes under Trojan category and it is quiet a nasty threat. Run task manager and in processes check for FacebookUpdate.exe. This is the application file which initiate the Waldemar process. If this is working it will collect more virus. Terminate the same and search for the file. You can try hijackthis for that. It will scan your system services and will list you all the service with location.

You can then manually delete that also. This malware has quiet high number instances. It is not easy to locate each of them one by one and kill them all. Also the malware has ample of entries in windows registry which makes the antivirus more complicated to clean it properly. That is the reason it is detected again and again.

I had seen a number of threads that are facing the same kind of issue. This is a very nasty infection and you cannot get rid of that so easily. It has tons of files located in many places. You must keep scanning your system to get rid of this completely.

There are number of ill effects of this virus. It is in your system and there are chances that there will be many. This can make your system slow as time goes on. You must scan your system and turn off your internet connection when not needed. You will commonly face redirection issue. The malware is also intended to install keyloggers in your system. So you must take care once you are getting any of those popups. Scanning is the only solution. I will not recommend you to edit the registry files or delete files from folder manually. That would be complicated and you can screw up sometime.

Try to scan in safe mode as said above. This is one of the most safest option. But still if you are facing the same error a number of time then better format your computer and re-install Windows. That is the only way to clear up everything and make your system better. I will not recommend you to use the same as it is. The virus is capable of downloading more files from web increasing the number of threats in your system.

The manual removal process is too lengthy. You need to remove each thing one by one. There are some forums which has a full length guide for that, but it is a bit complicated to remove the same.

It is a Trojan. I will list you to find some files and delete. For that you must boot your system in safe mode first and disable your internet connection. First search for Facebook Messenger folder in your system. If you found in shift delete it. You might not able to do that in regular login. It is only possible in save mode. Other files that you have to locate and delete is CefSharp.dll, FacebookMessenger.exe, icudt.dll, libcef.dll, Newtonsoft.Json.dll, npFbDesktopPlugin.dll, FacebookCrashHandler.exe, facebookUpdate.exe, and facebookUpdateHelper.msi. Locate all dll files with name of goopdate and delete each of them completely.

I will not recommend you to play with Windows registry as this can be risky. If you delete any important registry key then you might face major error. Do not forget to check in msconfig > startup about the loaded files and services. Download and install a good registry cleaner. Registry cleaners look for incomplete entries and wipe out which are not needed. This boost your system performance to some extent. For msconfig remove all those startup programs which are not at all needed and then restart your system. Never run system restore in this cases, as the virus can be restored due to that.

This virus when enters your system does not just come along. It comes with pack of stuff. This can simply hurt your dll and system files making your system more vulnerable. There are number of malicious codes that can make your system more weaker.

I got the same popup last week. I am using Norton. After that when I run scan it was clean and there were not issues till. I think you need to get a good antivirus for that. Trojan are quiet powerful today and are capable of hiding themselves from scans. Somehow it is not possible for a average user to find and delete each and every file. A number of them you will not be able to locate. Keep scanning your system until it is working and then the last option lies is formatting your windows completely and re-installing windows back again.

I think updating your antivirus will do the job. Many of us ignore that because of which we face this issue. Such infects are quiet common and can affect a number of people. You must update your antivirus and then check back.