Thread: keyboard mapping in Internet Explorer 10

keyboard mapping in Internet Explorer 10

I am using Windows 8 Cp since its lunch of my desktop PC, and recently installed it on one of my laptop (MSI CR400) from the same DVD i made 6 months ago. There is no problem on my desktop but on laptop, IE 10 is giving me some problem. It is the fresh install but when i launch IE 10 dont know why my keyboard stop typing the letters that requires "shift" key. For example symbols like & or # or @. We basically need to type these letters by holding the shift key, right ?

I am writing this post from my desktop because i wouldn't be able to type all those symbols on my laptop. Can you guys please help me fixing the same ?

Re: keyboard mapping in Internet Explorer 10

Very strange problem. Not sure but seems like Driver issue. I'll suggest you to try updating your drivers. Other than this i would like to whether it happens only while using Internet Explorer 10 or always (while using word, notepad, etc) ? if it happens always than couldn't be driver problem, there would be something wrong with IE10 itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardoczky View Post
    Very strange problem. Not sure but seems like Driver issue. I'll suggest you to try updating your drivers. Other than this i would like to whether it happens only while using Internet Explorer 10 or always (while using word, notepad, etc) ?
    Nope, it wont happen always. Shift key only stops working while using Metro Internet Explorer, its working fine in all other apps like Notepad, word, etc. I tried updating all drivers manually. But still the same problem. Any other workaround ?

I hope you have not connected or enable multiple keyboards with your system. If so, such behavior can occur. So press Win key + Spacebar and see if it works properly.

And if not, finally i'll suggest you to perform windows update. Most of the time windows update use to fix most of the problems. try it out and let me know the results. Till than you can also use onscreen keyboard by pressing osk.exe in the run box.

On another computer, using Windows 98, I did the upgrade to IE 6.02. Since completion of the download,(from the web) the keyboard mapping on the computer has been affected. For example if I were to type the letter W, I would get =W displayed. If I were to type the letter S, I would get ES displayed. The letter L comes out -L. There are other keyboard issues that are simular to the ones I have shown. I checked Keyboard mapping and verified that Keyboard mapping is correct. This problem is occuring across all applications.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhelu12 View Post
    On another computer, using Windows 98, I did the upgrade to IE 6.02. Since completion of the download,(from the web) the keyboard mapping on the computer has been affected. For example if I were to type the letter W, I would get =W displayed. If I were to type the letter S, I would get ES displayed. The letter L comes out -L. There are other keyboard issues that are simular to the ones I have shown. I checked Keyboard mapping and verified that Keyboard mapping is correct. This problem is occuring across all applications.
    Which keyboard are you using? Have you tried uninstalling the last update that you did for internet explorer and checked whether you are still getting problems with the keyboard or not? Have you tried any other keyboard on your system? Is it is a PS/2 keyboard or a usb keyboard? If it is a usb keyboard then did you try to connect it in another usb port?