Thread: Firefox 14.0.1 Stability problem

Firefox 14.0.1 Stability problem

Do firefox 14 required higher system requirements unlike its earlier versions ? Am asking this because i upgraded to Firefox v14.0.1 yesterday evening on my Windows 7 ultimate laptop. Since than sometimes it crashes with no reason, it is freezing though i dont have any thing running in background, and many more such weird behaviors. I am using Firefox since long tme and has use its almost all version. But this is the first time am facing such problem with FF.

Is there any problem in my system or Firefox 14.0.1 itself is having stability issues ?

Re: Firefox 14.0.1 Stability problem

I dont think there is any such stability or compatibility problem. Firefox is very light compared to the default Internet explorer you having on your computer so there wont be any compatibility issues as well if your IE is running comfortably.

I guess there could be another reason, probably your antivirus or any security program. It might be blocking the plugin container process in the background that is restricting firefox to work properly. So, i'll suggest you check your antivirus and also open task manager and see if the plugin container is working.

As Firefox 14 is the latest, just launched, and still developers are working with the same, there could be some such problems. We should compromise with such problems if using the very latest versions of softwares unless it is released in its final version. Hence, i am using Firefox 11 and still dont have any plans to upgrade to 14 or even 13. Because i know such softwares need some fix or patch to get compatible with other hardwares in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaalicharan View Post
    As Firefox 14 is the latest, just launched, and still developers are working with the same, there could be some such problems. We should compromise with such problems if using the very latest versions of softwares unless it is released in its final version.
    You are right buddy. Even i am using Firefox 14 and face some problems. Actually mine just freezes probably when i open some flash video or so, rest it works fine. There is no crash or any other problems like SALAZAR has mentioned above. Anyways, i would recommend you to re-install the browser once again and make sure your antivirus is disable while downloading and installing the browser. Hope you will get some relief this time.