Thread: On Premise or Cloud Web Conferencing

On Premise or Cloud Web Conferencing

I am interning for another two weeks and I was just tasked with finding a web conferencing set up to use for confidential meetings. The director wants to make sure the meetings cannot be compromised. They will be discussing confidential information they do not want their competition or a hacker to hear. The fear is that the cloud solution, which is almost all of the options I found might be vulnerable. The on premise, web conferencing appliance seems to be optimal but we do not have an IT department. Which one is the way to go? Any help would be great, thank you

Re: On Premise or Cloud Web Conferencing

I think that both the options that you have selected are good but then my recommendation would be on cloud solution, so for that you can download the service description for Lync Online in 365 and make sure that it meets your needs from this link. If you want something in urgency, then you can also go with Live Meeting service is available.

Hi SpearMan,

Thank you for your reply. I am checking out the link today and will let the "powers that be" know of it. Our VP is also having me look at a place called Rhub today. It is the on premise option...It makes them feel safe. Have you used Lync? There is a lot of information on their site. Thank you.

Microsoft Lync Online brings communication within the company to the next level. The service that is offered allows you to instantly get the information from an employee, conduct audio and video conferencing and remote presentations. You can even organize communication with colleagues and clients that will save time and make this communication more effective.

Thank you Einstein_007.