Thread: Make your own personal cloud through PogoPlug

Make your own personal cloud through PogoPlug

PogoPlug is another great service which offers you to create your own cloud server. With this you can put all your documents and app online and access them anwhere you want.

I use this to keep images and videos. With native android app support I can view the same from my phone and stream content also. Though it is chargeable but a very good app and quiet recommended.

Re: Make your own personal cloud through PogoPlug

You mentioned that it is chargeable. Then why don't you go for Google Drive. This is similar to cloud support. You can put your files, download them anytime and view if you want. It is almost free with many similar features. It is not worth paying for any third party service.

PogoPlug is different. It is not like Google Drive. Cloud is something where you can you put your files safely. In Google Drive your content lies on Google server. So to some extent I would not like to keep my personal files on web. PogoPlus comes with a device that has storage facility. You just need to hook your pc on the device and signup a service. You get your data anywhere you want and it is not kept online. It remains in the drive you purchased. It has his own interface. When you have this device with you, you does not need a video or audio player. You can view your files through inbuilt multimedia support.

The device works quiet nicely and also provide you ample of new features. At start PogoPlug offers you 5GB of free storage. It is worth testing out. Later on you can upgrade the same as per your choice. With some $4.95 you can get around 30GB storage. It is not bad to pay for cloud support. Anyhow you are going to add a additional storage to your computer which is like NAS drive of something. You can simply carry the PogoPlug box with you can hook it to access your content. You can download files wherever you want.

I too think paying for such service additionally is not worth enough. Instead of that you can go for free cloud support. I am still using Google Drive and find this more comfortable compared to other paid service. It is free and simple to use.

It is obvious that if you are paying for any service you are surely going to get better benefits. The same is applicable for PogoPlus. You can access you files from anywhere you want. It work well and has no issue related to file sync. Another important point the cloud storage is secure to safeguard your data. You do not need to worry about any infection. It works well with Tablets and smart-phone. You can backup all the data on it and restore it whenever you want. Backup feature is mostly not provided by many storage solution. PogoPlug comes with automatic backup feature.

The best part of using this service is that there is no need to upload the documents online. This saves your time a lot. It has file sharing ability through which you can share large files very easily. You can simply share your folder with your friends and provide them the link of your latest photo album. Because of its own interface there is no need to rely on any third part software to play software and view images. Media streaming is also possible with east.

Thats look fascinating. But I mostly deal with free tools. Among all Dropbox is the best one which gives you a 2GB of free storage more easily. With Auto Sync feature you can enjoy easy update. The best part of using this is that it is quiet simple to use.

There are around 3 edition of Pogoplug and found it is a bit costly. They are Classic, Pogoplug and Series 4. The existing charge is around $49.95 every month. I found is far more costly and yet not happy to go for the same. Instead of that I prefer to go for SugarSync. It offers 5GB of free storage which is quiet more than enough. The tool has feature like Auto Sync, Selective Sync, Auto Backup, Sharing, Mobile, Security, etc. SugarSync is one of the best online sharing tool I had seen. With Selective Sync support you can choose a specific folder to sync only. While Auto Snyc updates each and everything. SugarSync is more featured tool I had seen.

I will recommend you to check the feature once. Unfortunately this not available for Linux platform. So if you are on Windows or Mac then you can simply check the tool. It is quiet more featured rich.

If you need unlimited storage online then go and register on JustCloud. This service gives you unlimited storage support. I had found this quiet impressive. It is easy to use with simple interface and supports different platform.

I was first going for PogoPlug. But the cost is a bit heavy. Then I found MegaCloud. It gives aroud 16GB online storage with all facilities and storage support. It offers 256bits security protection. This is one of the best cloud storage service you can go for. The only motive to go for this cloud stuff is that is very user friendly. You do not need to mess much with the interface. PogoPlug is a professional service recommended for advance users. If you need a better solution for your data security and sharing then you go for the same. You have to carry the PogoPlug box with you and connect to new system at the time of sync. While MegaCloud works completely only.

I am sure you can find number of free and better cloud services online.

For those who are on Linux distro can go for Ubuntu one. This is another awesome cloud sharing support. I am not sure about the storage space it has, but it might be around 1 to 2GB for fresh registration.