Thread: New Mac Book Pro with Retina display support in Firefox 14

New Mac Book Pro with Retina display support in Firefox 14

I got the new Mac Book Pro for myself and turned it on. The resolution of the Retina Display that it has is 2880 x 1800. Being used to Mozilla Firefox, I installed its latest version, which is Mozilla Firefox 14. But after installing this web browser, I didn’t get proper display on it. The web pages looked like they were spread across the screen in a weird manner and even the font and pictures looked like they were squashed. I wanted to know is there any way I can make Firefox 14 work better with Mac Book Pro’s Retina Display?

Re: New Mac Book Pro with Retina display support in Firefox 14

It is a known issue that Firefox 14 is not compatible with Retina Display of Mac Book Pro because of the high resolution it has. Though Firefox 14 has the feature of working properly with Retina Display, it seems that some bug is giving problem that is causing the Firefox 14 to not match with the resolution of the Retina Display.

This issue has been notified to the technicians at Mozilla. I hope some patch or some new version of Firefox 14 which will not have this problem will come out soon.

I found a working method for the problem of Firefox 14 on Retina Display of Mac Book Pro. There is a small application by the name Retinaizer. You can search it on Google or you can also download the file that I have attached along this post. After downloading the file, unzip the application on the desktop. Now drag the shortcut of Firefox 14 in the icon of Retinalizer to start Firefox 14 via Retinalizer.

On the first attempt, you will see an error message. You will need t initialize the true layer item into the Firefox 14 to adjust it to the Retina Display. Post the following code in the search window to initialize the true layer item,
    layers.acceleration.disabled

Thanks for giving the Retinalizer for the iOS as I too had problems in running many applications that are not meant for the high resolution for the new Mac Book Pro. I can now play various games like Pro Evolution Soccer, Tiger Woods PGA tour and so on my new Mac Book Pro. I can now just drag and drop the execution file in the Retinalizer. Thanks for your file it has really helped me in playing this game.