Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Firefox 11.0 is crashing frequently with Shockwave Flash 11.2.202.233

Technology & Internet

Old 10-08-2012

Firefox 11.0 is crashing frequently with Shockwave Flash 11.2.202.233

hey guys i have a very short question and hope you guys will help me out. Couple of days ago i upgraded my Firefox 6 to v11 (i know latest is v14 but as it is new there might be some problems and bugs, hence upgraded to v11). Upgrading and installation went fine without any problem and it started behaving weird. After some workaround i found that it is Shockwave flash making my browsing such weird or firefox itself dont want to work with Shockwave. Can you guys suggest me something to fix my browser ?

Old 11-08-2012

Re: Firefox 11.0 is crashing frequently with Shockwave Flash 11.2.202.233

Why dont you simply uninstall Shockwave and download Adobe Flash player ? It will work perfectly with firefox. Just go to tools, click Add-ons. See if Shockwave is listed there. If it is there remove it. And if it is not there go to your system control panel and uninstall shockwave. Now click here to download Adobe flash player and install. Restart the browser.

You can also get Adobe flash from the browser itself. Open any flash site or youtube. You will get a yellow bar at the top saying Misisng Plugin. Click it and install Flash. Thats it. You are done.
Old 22-08-2012

Same problem here. Even my browser crashes in duration of 2 to 3 hours. Its FF 11 installed with Shockwave, and as i read on my websites i guess Shockwave is the reason. Hence, as said by Maq.h above, i uninstalled Shockwave and tried installing Adobe flash player plugin. But it is giving me some error saying it already exists. I checked my addon manager, there is no adobe listed. Please help.
Old 22-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Olina View Post
i uninstalled Shockwave and tried installing Adobe flash player plugin. But it is giving me some error saying it already exists. I checked my addon manager, there is no adobe listed. Please help.
I dont what could be the problem but i do know the solution.

Do one thing, if you need your firefox backup (bookmarks, cache, cookies, passwords, etc) than download a small utility called MozBackup. install it and take backup of your entire or whatever backup your need from your browser. Make sure not to backup Add-ons. Once done, open control panel and uninstall Firefox 11. Dont forget to do complete uninstall by checking a box that appears while removing Firefox.

Restart your system and now install firefox again. This time make sure you dont download Shockwave. Restore your backup and download Adobe flash. There will be no error.
Old 28-08-2012
promowebeveron

Use Adobe Flash Player instead of Shockwave Flash to avoid crashing of Firefox.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,