Thread: Firefox 14.0.1 keeps crashing

Firefox 14.0.1 keeps crashing

Currently I am having Firefox 14.0. in my system but I don’t know what’s wrong with it, whenever I am trying to launch it then it starts for some seconds and gets crashed displaying "Firefox has crashed" window. I have tried rebooting the system and have tried launching it several times but I am not getting any help form it. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Re: Firefox 14.0.1 keeps crashing

I think that there might be something wrong with the add-on’s that you might have installed. To check it out simply go in to Firefox>Help> and select “Restart with Add-ons Disabled” option. Just check it out and let me know what you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing.

I just wanted to know what have you set as your homepage. I am not sure but I have checked regarding your issue and have found some people facing the same. Some have mentioned that they were able to fix the crash after changing their homepages to something else than Google. So if you are having “Google” set as your homepage then try changing it to something else and see if the browser works fine. Post back the response you get after changing your homepage, best of luck.

I have somehow managed to restart Firefox with Add-ons Disabled and it is working fine. I don’t know why is it not working with add-on’s enabled, I have tried disabling Add-ons in normal mode but it is taking time to load them and till then browser gets crashed. I am not able to change the homepage as well because the browser is simply getting crashed after a couple of seconds after loading the page.

I don’t think that this issue is because of Google doodle but I am not sure about it. I am currently on Firefox 12 and I am not facing any issue as such. Everything works fine I have been playing different doddle games every day and haven’t faced any crash yet. I think that there is something wrong with Firefox 14.0. Since you are not able to disable the addon’s nor change the homepage because of the instant crash I will suggest you to try uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox and see if that makes any difference in your case. If you face the same crashing issue after reinstalling Firefox 14.0 then better uninstall it and reinstall Firefox 12. I am quite sure you won’t any issue with that version, as far as my experience Firefox 12 is most stable version of Firefox I have used. I have been using it from couple of months and haven’t faced a single crash.

I don’t have problem in installing Firefox 12 but I am having bad memories with it. I have updated to Firefox 14 because of that only, I was using Firefox 12 and have had my worst browsing experience with it. It used to start consuming about 600 mb of memory within an hour even when I used to not have 5 to 5 tabs open. I had switched to chrome for that while but some link of my company website was not working with it, so I updated Firefox to version 14 after I came to know about it. Things were working fine until today; don’t know what went wrong with it this morning. I just turned on my computer and tried launching Firefox, since then it is crashing and crashing. Anyways I will try to out uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox 14 and will post back if that helps.

I am not sure about your case but it was because of Google doodle game on Google homepage. I am running Firefox 14 in my system and had faced the same issue yesterday. First of all Firefox used to take time to load my homepage and after loading it completely it used to get crashed. I wasn’t getting a chance for changing the homepage when I kept waiting for the browser to load homepage completely. Later I did a small trick, just after launching the browser, I clicked on “x” and stopped the browser form loading the page after that went in to tools and changed my homepage and started the browser again. This time there were no more crashes and Firefox 14 is working fine since then.

If you want then you can try out the same trick and see if you are having any luck with that. You can also try disabling your add-on’s in the same way, if at all issue persist then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox. Just give a try to what I have suggested and let me know if the same trick is helping you as well.