Thread: after starting Firefox 14.0.1, i am always getting a window that checks for compatibility of add ons

after starting Firefox 14.0.1, i am always getting a window that checks for compatibility of add ons

Thought to get some new features and fun with new version of firefox. But seems like i have done some mistake. I was using Firefox 4 since its release because i found it as the most stable version of FF. But now when they are in FF v14, i thought to upgrade my browser and updated to v14. But am just annoyed with this browser in these 2 days.
    Though i haven't installed any Add-on (not a single add-on) it still runs the compatibility window for checking add-ons every time i launch my browser. Its really very frustrating. Is there any solution for this or should i simply revert back to my Firefox 4 ?

Re: after starting Firefox 14.0.1, i am always getting a window that checks for compatibility of add ons

Offcourse it will be irritating when one launches his browser and gets a not required window that keeps us ideal for a minute or two everytime. Am still using firefox 4 (as you also said its most stable) and have disable these Add-Ons checking window. My browser never checks for compatibility. And so am happy. If you want to do the same, here is how to disable Addon compatibility check:

• Launch your browser and type about:config in the address bar.
    • If you get a warning message saying "this might void your warranty" dont panic and simply click on the below button saying "I'll be careful".
    • Now right click anywhere at empty space and select New > Boolean.
    • Name this key as "extensions.checkCompatibility.14" and click OK.
    • Select False and click Ok.
    • Now follow the same steps and create one more key named "extensions.checkUpdateSecurity", click OK, select "False".

Thats it, now restart your browser and see if it works.

NOTE: These are the steps i did in my firefox 4 and i hope it should work.

Re: after starting Firefox 14.0.1, i am always getting a window that checks for compatibility of add ons

Thanks for the info and steps Maq.h. But it seems like it is not working for me. I tried it almost 3 times by now but still when i launch the browser, the compatibility check windows appears.

Any another way to fix it ?

Quote Originally Posted by iCloud View Post
    Thanks for the info and steps Maq.h. But it seems like it is not working for me. I tried it almost 3 times by now but still when i launch the browser, the compatibility check windows appears.

Any another way to fix it ?
    What is your Firefox Version ? I think he forget to mention one thing. In the step 4 where you need to name the key as "extensions.checkCompatibility.14", that number "14" actually is your firefox version number. Hence if you are making it for your Firefox 5 or 6, make it as "extensions.checkCompatibility.5" OR "extensions.checkCompatibility.6" respectively.