Thread: Get rid of searchnu.com from Firefox

Get rid of searchnu.com from Firefox

Guys I am having firefox installed in my system running on windows 7 and I don’t know how come its default page has got set to searchnu.com. I have tried changing it back to Google but I don’t know why after a restart it is my homepage is getting automatically changed to searchnu.com is there anything I can try out. I don’t remember if I had installed that program.

Re: Get rid of searchnu.com from Firefox

You might have installed it mistakenly and might not be aware of it, anyways for uninstalling the program simply go to control panel, check out for searchnu toolbar and uninstall it from there. After uninstalling it restart your computer and see if your homepage is getting changed or not, best of luck.

I am aware of that, I should have mentioned the solutions that I have tried so far. I have already tried uninstalling it from control panel and I don’t see it any more but it is still getting set as my homepage after restart. I have tried checking out for files related to it but I am not able to find any. I don’t understand why my homepage is getting set to searchnu even after uninstalling the program. Is this some kind of virus? I have tried scanning my system with trial version of avg but that dint made any difference in my case. Will I have to try out uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox for getting rid of this irritating toolbar or there is some other solution that I can try out further?

Try resetting Firefox and see if the issue is getting solved that way:
    1. Open firefox, click on Help > Troubleshooting Information > Reset Firefox and again click on Reset Firefox in confirmation window
    2. Once Firefox gets reset you will get a list where you will come to know about the imported information, so just go through the same and Click Finish and you are done.

I think resetting Firefox will help you out in getting rid of searchnu toolbar, you don’t have to worry about your bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies and web form auto-fill information as they won’t be getting erased. Resetting Firefox seems to be a better idea rather than uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox. If at all you don’t get any help from this solution then you can go with reinstallation of Firefox.

You can try running any of the below antivirus and run a through scan:
    • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • SuperAntispyware
    • Windows Defender: Home Page
    • Spybot Search & Destroy
    • Ad-Aware Free

I think any of these antiviruses will take care of it.