Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

set google.com as homepage and now firefox 14 crashes

Technology & Internet

Old 09-08-2012

set google.com as homepage and now firefox 14 crashes

How many of you have tried the latest Firefox 14 browser by now ? is it working find when you set Google as home page ?

two days ago i got an update notification, i clicked on update and got Firefox 14. Fore first few hours it worked very cool but as usually and as many users keep, i set google.com as my home page. Since than dont know why as soon as launch the browser, it remain there for about 10 seconds and crashes. It is happening every time. Am also not able to change the homepage. Why is it happening, any idea? I mean what could be wrong if i set google as my home page ?

Old 10-08-2012

Re: set google.com as homepage and now firefox 14 crashes

There is nothing wrong with google but i guess there is something wrong with the doodle that is showing up on the home page. So, the very simple fix for your problem is simply set it to about:blank or to some other web page. Problem will be fixed.

But if need to set Google only than try re-installing the browser and see if it works. Let me know the results.
Old 23-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by peahen View Post
Fore first few hours it worked very cool but as usually and as many users keep, i set google.com as my home page. Since than dont know why as soon as launch the browser, it remain there for about 10 seconds and crashes. It is happening every time.
I guess your problem would have been solved as of now, isn,t it ? Mine is solved. And after workaround i came to know that the reason behind crashing the browser was Google doodles. Yeah, i am right, if you want you can check it when next time you see any doodles on home page. Probably the reason was the flash or shockwave those were not able to handle those google doodles.
Old 23-08-2012

I think you were right, Alfa. I am still facing those problems and for testing purpose, i tried checking any doodles from their store and found that my browser crashed again. Next time, i just uninstalled shockwave from my browser plugins and opened the same doodles, guess what, this time it dint crashed. There must be some permanent fix out for this by Mozilla.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,