Thread: What is Google Fiber

What is Google Fiber

Is Google planing to enter in ISP sector. I had seen a news which says that Google is coming up with some service called as Google Fiber which is going to provide a high internet bandwidth. That looks a bit weird and I am sure this is going to take quiet long time to expand in entire world. When I searched on web I found it is some kind of TV service. Something like online satellite channel.

Re: What is Google Fiber

This is under test. They had started the same at Kansas for demo. It is not related to the internet bandwidth. It is some kind of online digital media at high speed internet gateway.

Did you know about Google TV. You can stream digital content on it on your pc or tv set. Unlike cable tv providers this is Google service to provide rich media content on your fingertip. Google Fiber TV is somewhat related ot this. On Google Fiber you are going to a high speed internet access. Today we are getting speeds maximum in mbps in many area but this is going to give you speed which will start from gbps. So based on the package you can choose the right one as per your need.

The higher the bandwidth the much video quality you will get. This is just under testing mode and once it is finally approved the service will mostly lie in us. Google Fiber tends to give you a much better data connectivity without losing any quality. This is what everyone love to have. Google is trying to make a ultra high platform for everyone. There are no updated on pricing and plan yet. Also there is no clear indication who can start with the same thing.

Google is trying to make its online video streaming more better by putting in on a ultra high platform. But does that engages with our existing internet plan or there is completely different cable for this service.

There is a different connection for this. The official website can give you more broader information on the same. You can assume to have a high speed satellite tv. The plan that we usually have today is costlier. But with this you can get a high speed video streaming platform. I had visited the official website where I saw that this is kept on per-register. That means it is not fully launched in the market. Second there is a tab which gives you information pricing and plans. I found three options there.

The first one was about Gigabit + TV which will cost $120/mo, the second one was Gigabit Internet which wil cost you $70/mo and the last one was Free Internet which will cost you 0$/mo. This looks something exciting. I am waiting for the final output on the same. My friend stays nearby Kansas and I had contacted him to provide me details on the same. It is worth to find such service if is open for everyone.

I am sure there are certain charges behind that. What about that 0$ Free Internet plan. Does that means Google is giving us a free internet connectivity for $0 every month. How to apply for that.

It is always recommended to read all the conditions properly before getting such services. I was too shock to find that 0$ plan. When I visited the official website I found there are certain things for which you have to pay. First you will need a network box. This is not for free. Second there are chances of getting 1 to 5 mbps speed based on conditions laid by Google. There is a construction free will which cost you $300.

This can be one time or on yearly basis. There is a monthly charge of $25. I am not sure for what this amount is chargeable and along with that there are additional taxes and fees. So in short this is not free but the name of plan is 0$ Free internet. It is better if we can get more clear information on the same. Because there is chances people might blindly register for the service and will receive a good amount of bill at the end of month.

What are the other benefits. I heard that this service is going to give some kind of sync options with existing Google devices and services. I want some more information on the same.

If you go for $120 Gigabit + Tv plan then you get 1Tb of storage space on Google Drive. Rightnow Google Drive offers 5GB free of all. The same increases to 1TB online. Second the devices which include in this plan is network box, storage box, TV box, Nexus 7 Tablet and under option category a HDTV quality and Google Chromebook. This is what I saw online. The second plan $70 Gigabit Internet has 1TB Google Drive, Network box and Chromebook under optional category. In the same way the last one $0 has network box and chromebook. I think that when we book this plan we are going to get all this stuff packed together rising the existing price.

Google is planing to enhance its network. It looks this will be a great competition to other providers in the market. It is obvious that everyone needs a high speed internet connectivity.