Thread: Will Tata Sky HD DTH adds Sun TV HD?

Will Tata Sky HD DTH adds Sun TV HD?

I regularly watch Sun TV for my regular serials on Tata Sky HD. But this channel is not available in HD on Tata Sky HD and I have to watch it normal quality. I am not disappointed with the current quality but it would be great to watch regular shows in HD. Can someone tell me if Sun TV HD is available on Tata Sky HD and if yes, which channel number?

Re: Will Tata Sky HD DTH adds Sun TV HD?

I know that Sun TV HD is available, but it is not available on Tata Sky HD. If you want Sun TV HD then you will need to have Sun Direct as your dth operator and not Tata Sky HD. Sun TV HD is only available on Sun direct dth services and not on any other services like Dish TV, or Videocon d2h and so on. Not just Sun TV HD, but many other South Indian channels like KTV HD, Gemini HD and Sun Music are available in HD only on Sun Direct dth services and not n any other dth services.

Re: Will Tata Sky HD DTH adds Sun TV HD?

Maybe publishing a channel in HD over other dth services needs a lot o finance. Again the technology of every dth set top box must be different which might prove another challenge to the channel service. Converting the channel in HD and streaming it on multiple DTH services is not a kid’s play.

It needs finance, time as well as manpower. Maybe the companies which run the South Indian channels don’t have that much resources and thus they are restricted to one dth service only.