Thread: Drag & Drop bug for link panel crashes Opera 12

Drag & Drop bug for link panel crashes Opera 12

I have just installed Opera 12 in Windows 8 customer preview. After installing, I had minimized Opera 12 to see the desktop. After some minutes, I needed to enter a URL, so I wanted to make the link panel visible using the Ctrl + Shift + F9 shortcut. So when I dragged and dropped a link from notepad in the link panel, Opera 12 crashed. It is not that this thing happened just once, but it happened many times. I think that this is a bug. Has someone found any way to remove it so that I can comfortably drag and drop text in link panel?

Re: Drag & Drop bug for link panel crashes Opera 12

I know about this problem as I too have experienced it many times and I know some people who also got this same problem. This is a conformed bug and I have reported it to the developers. I hope many people must have reported this bug to developers so that they bring out a patch to solve this problem. Being habituated to Opera from a long time, this bug is creating problems in daily work. I hope a patch or fix for this bug is brought out soon.

Re: Drag & Drop bug for link panel crashes Opera 12

Actually you can find a patch here which will solve the problem of Opera 12’s crash when content is dragged and dropped in the link panel using the Ctrl + Shift + F9 shortcut. I have applied this patch and now my Opera 12 is working fine without the existing bug. This patch also solves the problem of blank page loading when any pdf document is loaded. Some people complained of Opera 12 not loading Twitter or crashing for certain websites. So these al problems too have been solved by this patch.