Thread: Getting message “Ciphering not provided by operator. Insecure transmission” while making a call

Getting message “Ciphering not provided by operator. Insecure transmission” while making a call

Whenever I am making a call from my Sony Ericsson w580i I am getting a message saying “Ciphering not provided by operator. Insecure transmission” on my phone screen. The calls get connected properly and I am not having any issue as well but I don’t know why I am getting this message every time. Is there anyone here who is aware of it and can help me out in getting rid of this message??

Re: Getting message “Ciphering not provided by operator. Insecure transmission” while making a call

I think that your Sony Ericsson w580i supports Ciphering but your network provider does not. If you don’t know what is ciphering then I will like to inform you that Ciphering is an encryption process where your call can be listen by your call and no the voice of other people around you. This is a good feature but it needs to be supported by the network provider as well. The ciphering program encrypts the calls/data and transmit ciphered data if supported by the network provider.

If it’s not supported then you will get the posted message. If you want then you can contact your network provider and talk about the same and see what they have to say about it. I am not sure but I think there should be an option to turn it off within the phone setting either in call setting or phone setting. If you want to get rid of the message then you can turn ciphering off. It is no use of keeping it on if it is not supported by your network provider.

Re: Getting message “Ciphering not provided by operator. Insecure transmission” while making a call

Yes there should be a setting for turning off Ciphering in call setting. I am not having a Sony phone otherwise I would have mentioned the full path of the setting. I have checked out for Sony Ericsson w580i and I have just found that it supports Ciphering but I am not able to find out a way for disabling it. I have tried searching using texts like “How to disable “Ciphering not provided by operator. Insecure transmission” message but I am not getting any effective result for it. If you are able to find out the setting in your phone then well and good else contact your network provider and ask them.

I am not very sure but I have heard that one gets the above Ciphering message if he is using an old sim card. If it is so then try replacing your sim card which won’t cost you much and see if the issue is getting solved that way. If it helps then post back and let us know as well, best of luck.